Sun, Sep 22, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Question on Vue 4 and Poser

Shiollie ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 8:10 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:29 AM

I dont have Poser.. yet, but would like to make use of some of the things that are offered for sale...characters ect.., so my question is, if I go ahead and buy some of these things, can I bring them into Vue and pose them as I need them, or does all of that need to be done in Poser then exported into Vue. Thanks.

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 8:16 AM

No, you need Poser to use and pose them. Then you can export from Poser to other 3D software, including Vue. You cannot use, in no case, Poser figures and items if you don't have Poser.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 8:25 AM

You can't do any posing in Vue, only positioning. That means you do the posing in Poser and import the results to Vue. What we all do is, do the posing for the individual elements in Poser and put the scene together in Vue. If you have Vue Pro, the imported Poser elements are updated automatically when you have changed the original file in Poser. Very nice. That is not possible in Vue d'Esprit. Hope that answeres your question. If not, feel free...

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Shiollie ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 9:04 AM

Thank you for the answers, I rather thought that would be the case, I will keep saving the pennies for Poser.. unless the beta for Daz/Studio comes out first. G

nish ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 10:47 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3dtotal.com/

In the mean time you can go to the above webside, they have some free Human models that you can use. Something is better then nothing, eh! :-)

michelvanspeybroeck ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 3:45 PM

So, If understand correctly you can run poser and vue prof at the same time and work on the same poserfile. When the poses in the poser application are changed they get changed in vue in the same time. Is this correct?

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 3:53 PM

Yes:-) Let's say you have imported a Poser figure into Vue and when you have positioned her, you don't like the pose of an arm, a leg or whatever. Go back to Poser, change the pose, then save it under the same name as before. Go back to Vue Pro. Vue Pro recognices immediately th changes and pops up a message saying that your figure has changed and if you want to apply these changes. If you say YES, the changes will be applied and your Poser figure will stay in the same positionment and wil have the same size as before. Great, isn't it?

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 4:01 PM

file_93930.gif

A sample

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.