Sat, Sep 21, 12:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: +++ DG#060 +++ Fine Tuning Spotlights +++ Page 1 ...

geep ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 4:36 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

file_94016.gif

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Porthos ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 4:41 PM

Ooooh! I'm first in! :D

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Mason ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 4:46 PM

Wow I got on the front of one of these!

HaiGan ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:07 PM

Boinnnngg! I'm in. I was just trying to do some spotlight lighting! :D

genny ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:09 PM

Oh good, I got a seat in the front row this time.(:

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:13 PM

Ah I'm not late this time. At least not as late as last time :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:15 PM

Perfect timing, I was just trying earlier tonight to figure out how these things work... (after realising the P4 manual is a bit vague and possibly misleading on the subject)

That New Year's pic I put up in my gallery would have been finished a day or so earlier (instead of 11.45 pm on Dec. 31st) if I hadn't spent so long fiddling with the lighting.

A_ ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:16 PM

I'm here!

Jay7347 ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:22 PM

Dang, late for class again...some things never change no matter how old you get. -jay

geep ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:26 PM

Hi Jay, re: " ... some things never change no matter how old you get." And some things do!!! And until they repeal the law of gravity ... Well, you know what I mean. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

dlfurman ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:34 PM

Taking another seat.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

bip77 ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:37 PM

the adventure continues... :-)

mikeberg ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:38 PM

Ok here I am

Arkenstone ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:54 PM

I'm ready to be "enlightened"!

neftis ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 6:11 PM

Oh wonderful Dr Geep!! I always have trouble with those poser lights!! You got my attention:)

numanoid ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 6:27 PM

My brain is full. Need to dump some of the useless information, then I will be back.

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 6:34 PM

one of my favorite topics. I'm here!

Bobasaur ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 6:39 PM

So this is where the Doc is going to sing a fine tune under the spotlights?

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 6:41 PM

WooHoo! another light tut, what more could I ask for. 8)

Riddokun ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 6:41 PM

well, spotlighttsd seems to be more versatile and mroe polyvalent than infinite lights, and more complex to handle so far i triers.. count me in as an activerstudent, hungry for answers :) (but don't over exahust yourself with too many classes and fine time to answer my other questions on your lights class please..) oh ps: neftis, when will you answer my messages? :)

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 7:16 PM

here!!!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

shogakusha ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 7:44 PM

Hah! Lighting! Just what I need. sits down

Batronyx ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 8:08 PM

smiley.gif Present

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 8:18 PM

a new tut!..Geepwatch are go!..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TygerCub ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 8:45 PM

sign me in.

adele ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 8:55 PM

What's the deal? Does there have to be a certain amount of people saying I'm in the front row, to see the tutorial? Or the fairly obvious reply of I'm here. For fear of you storming off again let's get the ball rolling. Most people would show the tutorial immediately and not wait for the apparently obligatory pandering that seems to precede them. I'm not trying to be rude I just find it tedious. Adele

iamonk ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 9:27 PM

@

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 9:41 PM

adele, everyone has always said here or something to that effect when Geep post a tutorial. It's our way of saying we appreciate the time he has taken to do these for us. emoticons

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

biggert ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 9:41 PM

strolling in tardy..... Doc Geep, do i get detention?

numanoid ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 9:47 PM

Adele, Dr Geep makes the tutorials as he goes along, and if you ask questions they get worked into the tutorial. If it was presented in one go, we would have to keep going back to explain stuff and it would take a lot longer. This is a bit more interactive, like a real classroom where the lesson is prepared before the time, but can change according to the needs of the students.

numanoid ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 9:50 PM

For instance, it is possible to parent a light to a prop, and then to animate that prop, and to animate the light blinking on and off. That is how you can make a police siren, with a flashing, turning light. Maybe Dr Geep wasn't going to tell us how to do that, but now that I have mentioned it, maybe we will get a tutorial on animating lights.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 10:09 PM

Hi Adele,

I'm very glad you could join us.

"What's the deal?"

There is no "deal."

"Does there have to be a certain amount of people saying I'm in the front row, to see the tutorial?"

No.

"Or the fairly obvious reply of I'm here. For fear of you storming off again ..."

I beg your pardon. I do not believe that I went "storming off." I was very quietly removing my posts from the forum, for very personal reasons, and my action evidently caused a rather large response. The response was large enough that I felt a responsibility to explain my reasons for taking the action that I did. I do not plan to do that again in the near future unless the majority of responses to my posts appear to have a "harsh" tone to them.

" ... all the response let's get the ball rolling."

The "ball is rolling." Page 1 has been posted.

"Most people ..."

Please forgive me, but I am not "most people."

" ... would show the tutorial immediately ..."

I am sorry but I can not show you what has not been created yet.

" ... and not wait for the apparently obligatory pandering ..."

I certainly hope that is not what is happening for if I find out that it is, I shall just stop producing these tutorials altogether. That is not a threat, that is a fact.

" ... that seems to precede them."

That is usually where they are located, i.e., immediately after Page 1, when a new "class" is started.

"I'm not trying to be rude ... "

I understand that. You are mildly upset by the fact that something is not as you would like it to be and you are expressing your feelings. You have every right to do that and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings.

" I just find it tedious."

I am sorry you feel that way. It is not my intention to make anything "tedious" for anyone.

Please let me explain that these pages are posted almost as soon as they are generated. I do, however, take time out to eat, sleep, bathe, answer emails, other correspondence, and take care of other normal bodily functions, also.

I like to take enough time to insure that the information that is presented here for your viewing pleasure and information is correct and, hopefully, presented in such a way as to minimize questions.

Sometimes my research and testing take several hours and some of the pages are done, initially, with 10-12 layers in my graphics program before they are assembled and posted.

I try, where I can, to inject some humor into the tuts to make them more enjoyable for those who care to look at them and this, in and of itself, usually takes some additional time.

Sometimes, I find the need to spend some time trying to generate a reasonable response to a post in one of my tuts that might anger or irritate me such that it would be fairly easy to "lash out" with a quick response. That serves no useful purpose, so I feel that it is time well spent to generate a reasonable and measured response. This, of course, is time that I am not able to work on the next page of the tutorial.

If you would like, I would be glad to notify you by IM, email or with a special post in the Forum directed specifically to you to let you know when a tutorial has been completed and where it is located so that you can then read the complete presentation without waiting. I do apologize, however, because you will probably still have to scroll through the "obligatory 'I'm here's" to get to Page 2.

Thank you for your input.

cheers,

dr geep

;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Dave ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 10:41 PM

bm

Thorgrim ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 12:40 AM

Thanks in advance. I could use some pointers this.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 1:14 AM

I'm here. Heheheheh.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 1:37 AM

I would also like to add to Geeps reply to Adele that the "i'm here' also lets the people know when the next page is available by means of an email sent to them. Cuase page #2 will be marked page 2 in the subject line.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

leather-guy ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 1:37 AM

. compliance .

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 3:11 AM

I'm in...

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 5:11 AM

I'm here - and good things take a while. I am willing to wait.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

kristinf ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 6:08 AM

I'm in also :)

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end" - Margaret Thatcher 1989

BekaVal ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 7:31 AM

I'm here too. Saying that of course to get the ebots. But not only. I'm enjoying Dr. Geeps classes a lot! What would be the point of lurking around invisibly? In fact, everything I know about Poser I learned from tutorials made and shared from nice people like him. From the Poser manual I learned only, that it doesn't answer any question I had. So I'm very thankful to everyone who shares his knowledge. Dr. Geep, you're doing great work, teaching us difficult (at least they seem difficult at first) things in an easy understandble way. And I like your humor too. :) After all, Adele, a teacher has to be only one lesson ahead of his students. ;) Gabi

panko ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 7:36 AM

Sorry... Late, as usual...

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 7:40 AM

Good. I just deleted 8 black spotlights from a pz3 which I finally installed. Why did the maker of this really interesting dress put EIGHT totally black spotlights on it? They were all in the same location, pointing the same direction, too. Carolly

RedHawk ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 7:49 AM

OOH! Spotlights! I'm not too late..... am I? Dang! Forgot my number 2 pencil.......

<-insert words of wisdom here->

geep ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 10:01 AM

BekaVal,

Thanks.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Carolly,

If the maker of the "really interesting dress" saved the file as a .pz3, it will include everything in the studio ... possibly even including EIGHT totally black spotlights all in the same location and pointing in the same direction, too.

They may have just forgotton to delete them before saving the .pz3 file.

Maybe the maker was a human. ;=]

Just a guess. .......... I could be wrong. ;=]

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Hi RedHawk,

Glad you could make it to "class."

Here's a #2 pencil for ya.
I always carry a spare one for students who are late to class and say "Dang! Forgot my number 2 pencil......."

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 10:09 AM

file_94017.gif

Adele, This one (Page 2) is dedicated to you. It only took 7 1/2 hours to produce. I'm sorry you had to wait so long but I would appreciate it if you would let me know how you would like to be notified of new tutorials and/or Pages per my post #32 (if nobody deletes any prior posts). Nah, ... nobody would *ever* delete any of their posts ... ................................................................................. would they? cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

TT ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 10:18 AM

Me, very latesmiley.gif

"I like my species the way it is."

aodor ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 10:28 AM

Late too, but not so much. I'll catch up

Indoda ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 10:38 AM

Late again. But awake now and ready to learn.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 11:41 AM

hey, as told to some previously;..;) do a 'search' on the Poser forum, and search on 'primer' (as in Poser Primer), and that will pull up any existing Geep tutorials..such is the zen that is 'geepwatch'..;) hey Geep, don't sweat the small stuff, your fans are here, and you know who they are..;) I'll sit over by my pal Naysay..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

hmatienzo ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 11:41 AM

Your best tut yet!!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.