Sat, Sep 21, 6:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: video format fix

doctorkoan ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 11:06 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 2:37 AM

Hi, I'm ready to start editing my first big animation project. I have about 6 minutes of poser and bryce and poser/bryce composited footage. Which is good. What is bad is that it is all done in millions of colors. The final destination is broadcast video. I'm working with final cut pro on a G4 mac. The footage was done in the "animation" format, 29.9 fps. Of course all those colors are causing frame skipping problems in final cut. I don't want to re-render everything in bryce and poser, I'm already way over schedule on this thing. I can compress in Media Cleaner or FinalCut, but I'm not sure what to shoot for. The video format tutorial here on renderosity is down. Anyone have any advice on how to bring it down to 1000s of colors without degrading my graduated blends, etc.

thunderdon ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 9:04 PM

As far as I know you will need all the colors for broadcast video. If you reduce to 1000s as you suggest it might look correct on computer but will fall apart and band, flash and ? when viewed on ntsc monitor. Your editor should have no problem EDITING because of colors (except speed). The way you say frame skipping makes me think that final cut "prints to video" (or plays completed vid to monitor and video out port). If this is so I hate to say it but you're attempting too much with your graphics/editing combo. The Bryce movie by Susan Kitchens (first movie ever created on desktop) used massive video rated hard disk arrays, top of the line Targe boards and MEM MEM MEM. If youre using something like a ATI Rage pro and single (un dedicated) hard drive you are just plain reaching too high. Besides when going to broadcast video your editing/previewing should have all been done on a NTSC/PAL monitor. Details that are obvious on computer screen have a way of fading out, colors that looked great ( a great red/orange sunset for example) turn to mud, or strobe etc. I admire your fortitude and bravery but I would produce final movie on cd. That way all your work won't go for naught. (besides being duplicatable en masse without quality loss). Render On ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.