Sat, Sep 21, 6:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Shadow help needed

Kurka ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 9:22 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:13 PM

file_132906.jpg

I'm having a bizzare problem: I'm redering this scene with one spot light, but I'm not getting ANY shadows. I'm using Bryce 4.1 (with the Corel update). The light has shadows enabled. I've tried with the objects properties set to neutral, positive, etc., with the same results. Are there any other settings that I should be changing? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, -Fernando.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 9:48 PM

Picture looks good so far ... here is what I will suggest off-hand ..Copy the material of one and then change it to a solid form ... render real quick just to se where the shadow would be. Paste the material back ... It might be that that glass all is too transparant to be have deep shadows ... Also try making the table white so they would be very visible. Also .. when all is said and done the best thing I have found is to compare the properties between one that worked and one that doesn't. Whethere it is transparanies or shadows that aren't working. Good luck

Kurka ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 10:06 PM

I found out what the problem was. The shadows where turned of in the Sky&Fog properties panel. Now, here's another question. Can you have a light track an object? -Fernando.

bonestructure ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 10:48 PM

Hawkfyr could probably tell you better than I, but you should be able to put the light on a path if you're doing animation. You can put objects on paths, so you should be able to put a loght object on a path

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 10:49 PM

Hi Kurka, Nice image. You can have a light track an object by dragging it's linking icon(next to the lights bounding box) to the object you want to link it to.(the line will turn blue when the link has been made successfully). you could also link it from the object's attribute dialog under the linking tab and selecting the oject from the drop menu. the above mentiond metods are also how you would have it "Track" an object also. hope this helps. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 10:55 PM

http://www.auntialias.com/bryce/b4movies.html here is a link to Susan Kitchens site. it's full of information about linking and tracking Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Kurka ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2000 at 7:25 PM

Thanks for the info, Guys. I did a test render at 300 dpi. 17 hours! Now all I have to do is model some flowers for the vase, and wait for the weekend._ Fernando.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.