Wed, Oct 23, 2:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: So what's this "Universe" thing I hear people using?

scarp ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 4:12 PM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 2:29 AM

I've read in a few posts and such about somethingsomething Universe or something and it being used to crease lens flares or haze or atmospheric effects? What is it and how do you use it? TIA

danamo ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 4:42 PM

Universe Image Creator comes in two forms; a stand alone app that lets you export various image files,or, as a "plug-in" for PhotoShop. Diard software is the maker. Check your Google, there are tutorials on the makers'site, plus a limited time demo with some features removed.

scarp ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 5:00 PM

Ah ha, found it. Not Mac compatible, I see. Oh, well...

Ardiva ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 5:02 PM

Sorry for your MAC problem. I always enjoy using Universe. Makes wonderful space background images. :-)

dan whiteside ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 7:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.flamingpear.com/

I'm not sure where you get this now, but the KPT 6 plugin suite for Photo-whatever has a plug called Sky Effects which does all sorts of atmospheric effects but not stars,etc. Mac/PC. Another interesting Mac/PC app is Lunar Cell (at the link above) which creates planets. As far as stars, etc go I use real images from various astronomy sites (like www.solarviews.com). HTH; Dan

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 8:15 PM

Universe is really quick and painess, but you can mimic most of it's effects with a bit of Photoshop or Paintshop talent... Mostly it's for starfields, lens flare... Space stuff, but people use it for all kinds of effects, 'round here...

nuski ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 8:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1264208

Lens flares? Here is a tut I posted a while ago on making lens flares in Bryce. Maybe you could use it. : )

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 10:17 PM

flaming pear also has a plugin called Glitterato (I think?) which makes stars and nebulas (nebulae? nebuli? whatever :P)

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 11:56 PM

Since we're throwing out plugins, Photoshop has a plugin called Mystical light which does nothing but lighting effects from flares, glows, pixie dust, highlights, twinkles and such, a bit on the expensive side (@ $179.00 USD), but Universe Image Creator is a great little tool and a lot cheaper.

Beanzvision ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 1:27 AM

I have had it for a while but never used it as a plugin, how do i set this up??

Beanzvision ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 1:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.pluginsworld.com/Photoshop/plugins.php3?action=software1&soft=Photoshop

Here's an old link to autofx's mystical lighting!

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 12:02 PM

Beanzvision, if you're asking about UIC, then visit their home site for more information; Universe Image Creator. If you're asking about AutoFX Mystical lighting, that becomes a bit more involved since each different lighting effect has a myriad of different parameters that can be controlled to adjust such things as color, intensity, opacity, diffusion strength, masks, angles, size, falloff, light beam styles and intensities and quite a bit of other controls. You can also bring in selected areas of your image to work on. It also has a list of different presets for ready made effects or you can save your own.

Beanzvision ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 5:22 PM

It's all good! Works well with photoshop, all i needed to do was read install info! :s

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.