Fri, Sep 20, 12:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Okay, what is ProPack?

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 1:49 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

Heya. suspicious.gif I just want to know how ProPack differs from the normal version. I've never cared, but I hear you need it to make things for Poser. I got Rhino at Christmas and now I have a reason to figure out what PP is. I have as yet done any research, but I had a though hearing it from people who use it would be helpful. So, thanks for any information, links, or anything else that could be helpful. Ciao.

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 1:50 AM

Oh, obviously that fourth sentence should be "have not as yet done". I wish you could edit messages!

biggert ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 1:53 AM

pro pack is Poser 4 with plugins for LightWave, 3D Max, and other progs...i think it also has FireFly

biggert ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 1:55 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com

check this out

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 2:18 AM

"pro pack is Poser 4 with plugins for LightWave, 3D Max, and other progs... " -Yes, there is a Cinema 4D plugin "i think it also has FireFly" Sorry, FireFly is a Poser 5 renderer only. ProPack uses the Poser 4 renderer only. Hopes that clears it up, -Brian

Fredy ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 2:53 AM

Some additions: - most important: a setup room, you can bone your figures in poser - it can use jpg-pics for bumps (no need for bum-format files) - uses png-files for thumbnails - colored description texts for some dials :)

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 4:20 AM

It also comes with Python scripting, motion blur, animation sets, Flash export (I think some other extra import/export formats too) and multiple view panes.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 6:55 AM

Poser 4 wavefront objects and propack wavefront objects are exactly the same, I think that is maybe what you wanted to know?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 9:28 AM

Animated materials. Not as advanced as P5's animated materials, but you can keyframe colours, transparency strength, etc. Pro Pack also eliminates the geometry .rsr files, so it doesn't experience the file corruption issue that plagues P4 users.

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 3:32 AM

I was curious about everything in general. From all this info it sounds like ProPack is far better. I guess this late in the game it wouldn't be practical to get it. Does P5 have a PP version? or is it not necessary? I suppose in the near future I'll have to upgrade to one or the other. Suggestions? Thanks for your help, everyone!

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 10:57 AM

Poser 5 doesnt have a propack and doesnt need it. It already has the setup room etc.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 10:58 AM

Ideally you could get propack for poser 4 and get poser 5 too but that would be a bit pricey, so you probably should just get poser 5.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.