Fri, Sep 20, 11:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Need some ideas or help :)

Virus ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 2:00 AM ยท edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 2:17 AM

I need to make an animation about Mike walking down a stairs, I tried the walk designer with a path but the path didn't allow me to move the path's points in the y axis, Then I tried using IK to move down the hip and the feet, but I noticed that it is pain in the neck to do it because it is a 400 frames animation, I was wondering if someone has some Ideas about how to acomplish this task? Thanks in advance Virus

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

smiller1 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 5:46 AM

I'm sure this was suggested in this forum before, but I don't know if anyone has ever done it. Keep the figure in the same place as it 'walks' and move the scenery (and, if required, the camera). Apologies to the genius that thought of it, I can't remember who you are.

neilp ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 6:05 AM

You could try this :- Select the body part of Mike and open Graph animation. You can then draw the Y position of Mike through your scene. Alternatively there are BVH files for people walking up and down stairs. You may be able to find a free one by searching the net. Good Luck.

Eseres ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 8:23 AM

What about the "walk on surface"-utilitiy from the free stuff pages? Have'nt tried it, but it chould work, the utility works on walls and everything else that is NOT the ground prop. Let me know the results on this if you try it.

Virus ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 11:21 AM

Thanks for the Ideas! all sounds great! I'll try one by one and tell you what was the final result!

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.