Thu, Sep 19, 6:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Who let the dogs out?

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 8:17 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:36 PM

I just saw the front page of Daz decorated with dogs. I can't see them in the store yet but I'm panting at the door. Arf.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 8:23 PM

I saw that. I couldn't find them in the store, though. But She-Freak is Platinum Club! Ye gods.

daverj ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 8:51 PM

They seem to always post the hot new item on the front page the day before it shows up in the store. I guess as a tease.

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 9:34 PM

"But She-Freak is Platinum Club! Ye gods." Actually, I think that's a swordswoman character pak FOR She-Freak. The freebie this week looks to be a park bench and fire hydrant, but the links still click to the Sara Eyes D/L from last week - As usual, DAZ's site is a patchy "WIP" at update time LOL I'll stop by again tomorrow, I guess.

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 9:35 PM

I'm panting at the door too ... I've been WAITING For that doggie 8-)

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 9:35 PM

Attached Link: http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1779

No, She-Freak is Platinum Club. At least, that's what it says!

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 9:39 PM

is this for the mill dog LE? .....er guess I should just go over there.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 9:46 PM

well the pack download is still the eyes, and the MilDog LE is not available, is the LE Dog going to be a freebee like the LE Dragon, LE Gorrilla, and LE Victoria? Anyone got the inside scoop?

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 9:48 PM

Yes, the LE dog will be free. It will come with expression morphs and a basic texture. A morph pack that will let you morph the dog into extra breeds and a texture pack will be for sale.

Melory ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 9:55 PM

Well I'm looking at the Mill Dog LE right now, it's platinum club but not free :)

Visit My Blog!

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 9:57 PM

Good to hear :) So they should also do that with teh Version 3 characters huh huh come one you know you want to, just call the v3 base LE :) then sell the morphs and such extra :) :) :) ;)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 9:58 PM

cross post, may be disapointed (:~})

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:01 PM

Crescent said it would be free. You might want to wait until the newsletters arrive, and see what coupons and such are offered.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:01 PM

nope not free.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:01 PM

Yipes...that doggie costs more than my Bella.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:02 PM

Crescent is working for the Daz Platinum Club now. No wonder she has such good info. Good for her! :)

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:05 PM

Yep. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:06 PM

I figured as much. They're lucky to have her.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:10 PM

Crescent posted the announcement that the LE version would be free to the "Commons" section of the DAZ forum. So if it's not, it's a big disappointment, because non-PC members were expecting to get it free, too. If it's not, they have to pay $11!

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:10 PM

What? It's happening again?? Did I miss the changes in the dictionary where they changed the definition of free to mean "only if you pay up front for a special service?" I hate to complain about a freebie, but folks, it aint free if there are requirements attached to it. Let's see what happens when they get the silly thing goes onine?

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:17 PM

Nothing free about the add ons...but I probably will get them anyway.

neostarbuck ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:27 PM

...and everyone's a Platinum Club member for the next 30 days.

That's right. DAZ is providing a 30 trial membership to the Platinum Club for all registered customers and new customers.

Current Platinum Club members will have their membership extended 30 days as well. Unfortunately the Mill Dog and PC membership period were not simultaneaously released.

More details will follow in the Platinum Club newsletter...

raven ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:29 PM

Now that's a good deal for everybody!

neostarbuck ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:36 PM

The Mill Dog LE is free in the next build of DAZ Studio. For Poser it is $1.99 in the Platinum Club and every one is a Platinum Club member for the next 30 days. Hope this clears things up and sorry for the confusion.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:37 PM

DAZ, I love 'em, but they're not exactly the most efficient Web site. Here's the latest, but probably not the last: "The Mill Dog LE is free in the next build of DAZ Studio. For Poser it is $1.99 in the Platinum Club and every one is a Platinum Club member for the next 30 days. Hope this clears things up and sorry for the confusion." So if you're willing to wait until the next release of DAZ Studio, it IS free. I think.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:41 PM

So...if you get the MilDog LE included in DAZ Studio, can you also use it in Poser? Or will it be in some strange proprietary format?

Dizzie ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:46 PM

and they're not cheap! But they are cute!

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:50 PM

No, they definitely are not cheap. I still haven't decided if I'm buying 'em yet. I think I'm going to wait until I look over the flood of pics that will evitably invade the gallery this weekend. I really, really want a realistic looking wolf. If the MilDog can do that, I'll be very tempted.

Laurie S ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 11:14 PM

Crescent was told the Mil Dog LE was free, she was not told it was free in the next Studio update, a miscommunication between Daz, Lisa, myself and Crescent. Here is the scoop, the LE version of the Mil Dog will be included free in the next build of Daz Studio. Daz Studio will be available to all PC members. However since the every one will be a PC member for the next month (not sure of the start date or any other details) every one will get the Mil Dog LE free.. and that is about all I know .

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 11:45 PM

Well, I'm doing a big pass on Daz Studio so I'll spring for the $1.99. But thanks for the update....that dog has caused a lot of speculation, that's for sure.

DAZ3D ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 11:45 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com

After careful consideration and in support of our new Platinum Club team member, Crescent, we feel it is appropriate to honor her original post. Therefore the Millennium Dog LE is free for all to download. Anyone who has already purchased it will get a full refund and everybody wins. :)

And, now that everyone is a member of the Platinum Club, not only do they get the LE for free, the combined discounts make this the deal of the century. For anyone who still feels that this deal's a dog, well... you're right! So, don't look a gift dog in the mouth, just go download your copy now while it's hot:

Visit the Commons area in the DAZ|Forums for the download links.

Thanks,

The DAZ Team

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 11:48 PM

I spent the $1.99 too, but that's OK with me. 8-)

Melory ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 12:47 AM

well it doesn't help me any since I was booted out of the PC for no reason...for the fifth time :( gotta be some kind of record.

Visit My Blog!

westryde ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 12:57 AM

Now I understand why I saw the Millenium Dog LE in the premier Store and a few minutes later when I pressed another link to it, got the message "no such Item"! Thank you Daz for the freebie. But they are confused at Daz. According to Daz people buying the Doggie Bundle (which includes the Combo Canine Texture Pack) also bought the Combo Canine Texture Pack! The Bundle with the PC discount and the $5 is good value but I don't think I'll give the Combo Texture Pack a miss!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 4:22 AM

Just got the Mill Dog and all the great starter packs, got all the textures and just can't wait to get going on this one. Go to the forum to get the LE of the Mill dog and then you go buy the morphs and they are totally worth it....Yes a DOG.....Sharen

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 5:26 AM

I kinda had a feeling it would turn out this way. :-) DAZ often seems kind of confused, and their Web site is sometimes a pain, but they always do right by you in the end.

Towal ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 6:50 AM

Can someone confirm exactly what you need to buy to get all the stuff for the dog? Do I need the bundle pack and the starter pack or just the bundle or ? ? ?. I found the way they have it split up/described kinda confusing :(

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 7:48 AM

Towal, the starter pack is included in the bundle. And yes it IS confusing. I took a chance and bought the Bundle and in my downloads they're listed as Starter Pack and Classic Canine Combo :o) So it's a nice deal. Some 20 odd bucks for the complete doggie isn't bad IMO :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Towal ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 7:54 AM

Thank you :) Off to buy the bundle then now! Towal

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 8:14 AM

Thank you! I was confused too. More choice is not always a good thing. :) Here, doggy, doggy, doggy.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 9:42 AM

Okay here is what you need to know: If you buy the Dog Bundled Pack - you get it all, the morphs for 11 breeds, you get the dog, you get Classic Canines 1 & 2, Poses etc. So if you want it all that is what you buy. If you want to piece it together, you can buy the Dog Started Pack which includes all, except the Classic Canines 1 & 2 Textures, they are NOT included. The Classic Combo Set includes Classic Canines 1 & 2. (Textures) The Classic Canines 1 is Textures The Classic Canines 2 is different Textures. Does that all make sense. You see the Dog LE is free, so you can download that and then just buy the textures or morphs or both, but if you want the Dog, Poses, All those Textures, Morphs you need to buy the Bundle. You can download the dog for free...... If you want it all buy the Dog Bundled Pack..(includes dog) If you want just textures you have a choice between the combo which includes Classic 1 and 2 or buy them separately. If you want no textures just morphs for the dog, you buy the Dog Starter pack....(that includes the dog too). Sharen

HeavyRay ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 10:00 AM

"...but they always do right by you in the end"
I would agree. Both toward the community and one-on-one basis, I think Daz has great customer focus! - Ray

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 10:04 AM

Otherwise my cats would outnumber my dogs. And that just wouldn't
be right. >^,,^

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 10:11 AM

I also agree HeavyRay...they are a real top notch organization. Sharen PS: hope all is well with you

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 4:09 PM

I have posted the question in the Commons DAZ thread...for my NON club member friend who is also off line with computer troubles at this time... and since I am in the club I have no idea if her newsletter (that she can't get at) is different... I am asking if the DAZ club is FREE FOR A MONTH.... to all the public?! I would think there would be a blanket announcement of such an offer and how to deal with it... I have several friends who are not paid members and will not be joining because they can't afford it... who love dogs! This is confusing!

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 4:23 PM

Yes, everyone is Platinum Club for free, for 30 days. That's what they said. It seems to be an offer to try and get people to join the PC. People who are already PC get 30 days added to their existing membership, presumably so we don't whine too much. ;-)

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 4:34 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=2514

You might find this thread enlightening. Someone wandered into the "Members Only" forum, didn't understand how he could get in there, and thought DAZ was charging his credit card for a PC membership without his knowing it! I guess the free offer has started! Tell your friend to get over there right now! :-)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 7:03 PM

Everyone, make certain you grab the Platinum Club exclusives like the House Mouse while you have a chance; unless you decide to join later, it might be your only chance to get them.

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 9:08 PM

Thanks! I am glad that there are more threads and DAZ has clarified it all... :))

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.