Wed, Oct 23, 2:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: The concent of 'pulling a draculaz'

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 8:10 AM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 2:22 AM

Instant Message from hawkstheman: We would like to extend a special invitation to you, due to your past participation, to enter Issue 9s Renderositys Magazine Cover Contest. The contest has some excellent prizes to compete for please view the contest page for complete details: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=284. We look forward to your entry. Sincerely, Hawks Renderosity Magazine Contest Manager (Sent 1/21 12:31) My reply: Sure thing, let me go fire up poser. Now I've already been through this once, but I think aside from my tongue-in-cheek reply, magazines usually strive to have a face on the cover. It's normal, magazine publishing 101. As much as an orgasmic landscape made in Terragen might astound me and you, it won't do anything to Joe. And Joe likes his poser titties just as much as everyone else. Again I'm being a bastard... but yeah :D Drac

Beanzvision ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 8:25 AM

Did you say poserosity? ;P

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 10:50 AM

concentus, conceptus, confuse us..;) Hey, at least you got an invite (wrote a short story for one, came in 5th..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 12:21 PM

Yeah, at least they know you exist, Drac. :^D Like the elderly lady at the dance, she didn't want to dance, but she still liked being ASKED.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 12:33 PM

con...CEPT... not concent.. sheesh

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 2:30 PM

Gee that's nice drac...wonder why they didn't write me the same thing?? :-)

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 5:24 PM

Got the same e-mail, my reply, 'Why bother, a poser cover will win anyway, no matter how astounding any other piece of artwork will be.' Why are they so frightend of putting a, god forbid, 'landscape', or, heavens no, 'interior scene', on the cover, what do they think will happen? I could understand it if it was a 'Poserosity' magazine, but there is a huge diversification of artwork here, why not feature something else just -once-? I for one wouldn't mind seeing a 'Rochr image' on the cover...:)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 5:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=567849&Start=19&Artist=ombresetlumieres&ByArtist=Yes

I agree Zhann, or what about photographers. Now this guy does mostly models, yet his scenery is astounding.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

woodhurst ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 8:41 PM

If all of us just quit, then poser will rule the cover for eternity. Im going to enther the massacre...er...contest anyway because #1: it will be a good challenge #2: it will give me something to do #3: im putting my latest character in the pic just for you drac! If everyone throws in a pic, than we have that much more chance of winning, and if poser wins again, then we tie up all the green dragons we can find and burn them at the stake.

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 9:15 PM

It always comes back to the $. Who spends money in the shops? It must be incredibly difficult to make clothes for poser people, no one seems to do it. They all buy those too small, too tight, strategically ripped clothes, and provide lots of $ for the merchants, and for R'osity. I believe that poser users are also the largest percentage in membership here. Hmmm, wonder if they are offering a 'build-a-babe' kit?

Fractals will always amaze me!

unityboxer ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 9:44 PM

I'm suprized a Maya,Lightwave,or C4D image has never won either,to my knowledge.Heck I see better Wings3D stuff too.Maybe we should all participate in making a super cool character,But NEVER convert it to poser so they all get jealous.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 11:27 PM

The cover contest usually just upsets me, so I think I won't bother with this one. 8)

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 12:28 AM

I'm with you Catlin, besides Rosity, unlike other online magazines, won't pay their contributors for their work, they want everyhting free,free,free as to content, then turn around and charge for the magazine....that with poser winning everytime, is disappointing. I didn't re-subscribe this time, and probably won't be donating any freestuff either...although I was asked to do so.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 12:56 AM

My partner was sent one of those invitations a few months ago and he's never entered it before. I don't know why they do this, maybe they go look at folks gallery and if they like what they see then you get sent an invite. Catlin

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 1:33 AM

It's probably, for me anyway, because I wrote an article and contributed to the content CD in past magazines...

rj001 ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 3:48 AM

i got the invite, too i thought is was a blanket mailing to anyone that has ever entered, (i had 2 goes so far), i actually have an idea and have started a lotd of 3ds modelling, it will have some poser cut-outs for distance people, but the bulk of the render is in me old fasvourite Bryce, have to confess i cant seem to get my head around texturing in poser, too damn complicated.

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

EYECON ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 6:20 AM

well it seems that they were sending this IM to all those who participated (and lost like me) in the cover contest...HAHAHA... honestly if i were still alive and not living in the RL, I would still be joining despite the empending doom. Why? To challenge my self and have the satisfaction in DOING it rather than wonder if i could have made it by not joining... I too share your sentiments... its a poser world out there.. and I can't do no st about it... What i want though is show those big aholes that we exist and we can kick some serious butts! So how about it guys? do we concede or do we FIGHT back and show them that we can do IT! WHAT SAY YOU! (quoting from LOTR) sorry... i just saw "Last Samurai" a few days ago... it got me in some ways... =) Eyecon =)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 3:17 PM

Oh I may do something for it, it is a challenge after all, trying to get a Bryce image on the front page. I know I'll probably stunned at whatever decision they make on who wins unless they pick me of course, but I'll try not get upset about it this time. 8) Catlin

scarp ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 3:35 PM

So why can't Poser AND Bryce live together in one image? Personally, I think the Poser vs. Bryce competition kinda funny...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 3:37 AM

Hey, the more of you who don't enter, the better chance I have at having a better Bryce render than mine shut me out of placing, lol. "Last Samurai" rocked! (and I thought it was going to suck) AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 3:49 AM

AS, you won't get off that easy, Catlin's rallying the troops...:) Haven't seen it yet, but the trailers looked spectacular!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 4:17 AM

"Last Sanurai", thought it was going to be a "Tom Cruise" ego flick, ALL about Tom, etc, etc. Nope, GREAT story, great cast. How could I have doubted Tom? AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 5:28 AM

I may just have to go see it in that case. 8)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.