Sat, Sep 21, 6:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Networking? Mac to PC

lilmikee ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 9:19 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:58 PM

I was wondering if there is any software out there that allows both Mac and PC's to share and to be on the same network? Mainly curious for Mac purposes sice Mac can read both Mac and PC formats. I have conversion programs for my PC. Thanks for the feedback, Michael

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 10:33 AM

Should be plenty. Just picked up the MacMall catalog and found one called Dave right off the bat.

rheater ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 12:14 PM

http://www.thursby.com/products/dave.htm and another one http://www.miramarsys.com/products/pcmaclan72.htm Russ

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 3:30 PM

Novell does, of course, except the Mac Client is buggy.

jmwiit ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 5:49 PM

My network is 3 Macs and one PC, plus a couple of printers. It is ethernet based. I am currently running Dave 2.5 on my Mac (the G4 that does Poser is also my primary home office machine). The PC (Windows 98) on the network sees my Dcouments folder just fine; in fact, I mapped the document folder to the G drive on the PC, so that I can read and save files directly on the Mac's hard disk. I've been using it for about a month, with no problems so far. Very stable. Dave also works on networks where there is an NT file server. The Mac can see all the PC files on the server. I used Dave because the PC is an "office issue" laptop and I didn't want to put anything extraneous on it. But if you want software for the PC, there is an equivalent program called "PC MacLAN" that installs on the PC and allows the Mac to see the PC as if it were another Mac on the network (i.e., you can set up PC folders to be shared, and mount them on the Mac through the Chooser). I've heard good reports for this program, but I don't have any personal experience. Both programs allow you to share postscript printers, too Any of the mail order places have both programs. They will set you back about $150-$175. Good luck! - Jim

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.