Sat, Sep 21, 6:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Networking ? Mac to PC

lilmikee ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 9:07 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:50 PM

I was wondering if there is any software out there that allows both Mac and PC's to share and to be on the same network? Mainly curious for Mac purposes sice Mac can read both Mac and PC formats. I have conversion programs for my PC. Thanks for the feedback, Michael

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 10:24 AM

No, there isnt. Mac's and PC's run on a very different system (Different chipsets, BIOS - such and such) -James

rheater ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 12:03 PM

Should be doable. Check http://www.farallon.com/dr.farallon/mac/mac_pc_ether.html or http://machardware.about.com/compute/machardware/library/weekly/aa050799.htm Russ

Caligula ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 12:31 PM

We set up a LAN through a Linux box. The PC and Mac both can log into the linux box via an ethernet hub and then we just copy files across. It's also our firewall for DSL service.

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 1:06 PM

Ah, Yes, I didnt think about the linux box puts foot in mouth

Quikp51 ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 1:27 PM

Yeah Caligula is right that's how we network our 20 Macs with our 10000 PC's here at Disney. And even more Macs through the WAN.

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 1:35 PM

Disney? envious

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.