Tue, Oct 22, 9:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: Problem with Poser crashing during renders...

milamber42 ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2000 at 1:03 AM ยท edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

I do not know who started the last thread on this, but it was nice to see that I was not the only one that experienced the crashes. I only have 128MB in my PC, but I have a very large swap file. Poser was using 74.7 MB at the time it crashed. It also pegs the CPU (100% CPU load on a P3 500). Total memory use (according to Norton SI) was at 169MB. Some one mentioned that Poser uses its own swap file for storage. The partition that Poser is on has 2GB free. This seems like a bug to me. If it is a memory problem, then program should inform the user, not take up all of the CPU cycles. Instead of sending CL support an email, if you have experienced problems with Poser crashing during rendering, please post a reply with your info. I volunteer to send them all in an email to CL support.

raven ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2000 at 7:02 AM
Online Now!

The patch to 4.0.3 may fix your problem, the following text is from Curious Labs patch page: "This will update the Windows and Mac version of MetaCreations' Poser 4.0 to Curious Labs' Poser 4.0.3. This updater includes several fixes and including a fix that enables Poser to run on systems where the total memory (RAM + Virtual Memory) exceeds 2 Gigabytes" . Your problem may be that you are exceeding 2GB total memory, hence the crashing. Hope this may help.

milamber42 ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2000 at 10:57 AM

I'm running with the patch -- 4.0.3.126.

Arendar ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2000 at 11:02 PM

If you have set your own preferences for initial Poser startup, set the UI to use "Factory State". You can use the "dots" to quickly move to your preferred UI arrangement from the initial "Factory State" at start up. For some inexplicable reason, I find that this has "cured" most of my Poser render crashes, especially when the file/model is a large (memory requirements)one. Might work for you too! ;-D

milamber42 ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 5:16 PM

Thanks! I'll try that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.