Thu, Oct 10, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: novice question

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 12:44 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 6:25 PM

Hi, I am about to leap into the world of Michael and Victoria 3 and need some advice. How important are the morph packs? For instance, when I purchase the Michael 3 character, won't I be able to alter his features with the dials, just like I alter the Poser 4 characters' features?

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 7:14 AM

NO, you need the morph packs to alter his features. Both M3 and V3 use a morph injection system which means that the dials don't appear until you select them from the Pose library.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 12:17 PM

Thanks. What about the faces? Can they be manipulated without morph packs, or do I need head packs as well as body packs? (This is all so new to me...)

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 12:40 PM

You need the whole lot I'm afraid. I don't think M3 comes with any morphs at all (I'm not totally sure cos I installed the packs at the same time.)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 2:54 PM

Yes, you should buy the base, the head morph pack and the body morphs. You'll get a good price if you buy now, because you'll get "Platinum Club" prices on everything. (30% off of all DAZ originals.) You might want to buy the textures, too, but it's not necessary. Well, you do need textures, but you can buy textures elsewhere for cheaper, if you want. There are even some available for free, I think.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 2:56 PM

Oh, and if money's an issue, don't buy hair. Download hair for free here: http://digitalbabes2.com/ It's not only free, it's better than the hair DAZ sells. Really!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 9:24 PM

The base figures include the Mimic morphs (blink, brow movement, phonemes, etc.), some expression morphs, and the spandex morphs. The morph packs have all the shaping morphs.

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 11:08 PM

randym77, (or anybody else) you mentioned cheaper or free textures for M3 and V3 -- Where can I get these? Thanks.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 6:33 PM

Look in Free Stuff. Link is at the top of this page. Often, free textures are listed as "characters," with names. ("Jane for V3," "Joe for M3," etc.) Generally, free and low-cost textures aren't as high-resolution as the ones DAZ sells. So if you want a photorealistic look, you'll probably have to buy a texture. For low-cost textures, check out Cin's Leanansidhe (for V3) and Nicodemos (for M3), both at PoserPros.com. They are very pale textures with transmapped brows, which makes them very versatile. You can change the skin and brow/lash color to any color you want, in the material room. They are only $2.49 each.

LonRanger ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 12:02 PM

Thanks.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 5:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.rendervisions.com

file_94928.jpg

I just downloaded a nice free character/texture for V3 tonight: Laurel for V3. It's a complete character, with INJ/REM pose files for the face and body and MAT files for P4/PP and P5. You can download from the Rendervisions Free Stuff. It's in the Poser/Character section. (And if you like it, drop in at the Poser forum, and tell Karen thank you. ;-)

The hair is the Flo hair from Morphography. It's also free, and can be downloaded here:

http://www.morphography.uk.vu/

LonRanger ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 2:27 AM

Thanks for the tip!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.