Sat, Oct 5, 6:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:41 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Do you guys *want* animated poses

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 1:13 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:36 AM

I have a couple (so far) animated poses for victoria, standing to sit, a couple sword fight type movements, there is a walk down the default poser stairs animated pose in my poses pack. I am curious, do you people want them in the marketplace? I am not seeing a lot of animations out there using poser (they do pop up once and a while mind you) but everything I have animated has been doing it all my self and not using bvh's or animated presets. So thoughts of yours? Should I contimue to make these animated poses ( there are for victoria 1 & 2& LR)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

jjsemp ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 1:37 AM

Absolutely! As I've said before, we need simple things. Bulding blocks. Generic things that can be used over and over, all the time. I wish somebody would make a "BVH pose construction kit," filled with generic moves, like: Walk to turn right. Walk to turn left. Stand to turn right. Stand to turn left. Sit to stand and vice versa. Walks up and down stairs. Etc., etc. People keep promising these things but they never seem to make it to the marketplace, or if they have, I've missed them. Haigan's animal walks are about the most useful things to have come along in a while...and they're freebies! Amazing! -jjsemp

stallion ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 7:55 AM

YES!!

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 11:10 AM

well I wasn't going to make the basics. teh walks and turns can be accomplised using the walk designer. but hte stand and sit up and down stairs (as I mentioned in my 1st post I have a walk down stairs in the victoria poses just released) I will be needing examples of animated poses that you would like to see ( please also take in to consideration how long these will take LOL) I am thinking of just releaseing them as freebee's as they are made cause of the time frame...Like Daz's weekly freebe, then when I have enough pack them into one download

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

jjsemp ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 12:18 PM

"teh walks and turns can be accomplised using the walk designer." Not really. Perhaps I should have been clearer. I brought this up once before in a thread. How do you do a scene where somebody walks into a room, stops, turns around and walks away? If you think about it, the act of turning around from a standing position, or abruptly turning around, is a very complicated move, one that the walk designer can't possibly duplicate. For instance, a 180 degree turnaround requires several repositionings of the feet. The only thing the walk designer can do is create a "swivel," which looks unnatural. This is always the problem with finding usable BVH files. Everybody offers radical kung-fu moves and such, but when you're trying to animate a scene, it's trying to find the simple little things like turnarounds that end up driving you crazy. But, hey, whatever you create, I'll probably buy. -jjsemp

jjsemp ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 12:32 PM

As a matter of fact, I didn't realize you had animated poses in your Victoria pose pack that's currently available, so I just bought it. See, it pays to discuss these things. -jjsemp

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 12:35 PM

Yup clearer is better, I thought you just meant like walking around a corner. I see what you are after.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 12:38 PM

There is only the one animated pose in the pack...!!! walk down stairs.!!

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 12:53 PM

file_94324.jpg

Here is one of the ones that i am working on right now (she sits like she is pregnant LOL still tweaking the motions) These take a long time to do mind you and I am not saying that when these come out they will be perfect, but as you said good starting points.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

jjsemp ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 3:49 PM

"There is only the one animated pose in the pack...!!! walk down stairs.!!" That's okay. It just so happens that I needed a "walk down stairs" motion file a few days ago. I did a version I wasn't totally happy with, but now I'll try it again with yours. I think it's worth it to buy a whole package just for one motion file if it's something I'm going to use a lot. I've got two walking UPstairs files (one was a freebie generously provided by PhilC) but I have nothing for walking downstairs. Anyway, thanks, and keep up the good work. Every little bit helps. -jjsemp

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 4:05 PM

I do have several more at various stagest of completeness. One is step towards door turns the knob and then pushes open the door. (almost finished (door figure will be included) That sit one, Jump and down slash with a sword. And bring a sword to someones neck. I understand about the 'real world' type motions though, Have you checked out poseAmation 9not too sure about the URL) they have poses for some ( under 10$ each) but mostly in the fantasy rather then the real world. So again a request is put forth what animations do you want to see. I can add to the open door one ( I was planning on have her walk through the door to complete the animation) and have her turn around. Do you want these like I build them I make about 30-40 frames at a time, then save last pose as static and use that to start the next motion. (ie the open door I made her step to the door and turn hanlde saving the last frame as a static pose, then reset poser and loaded the last frame pose and made that one open the door, then connectd the two in yet another file. so in essence there are 3 animation 2 parts and a full)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 4:40 PM

Getting in and out of a car, or on/off a bike or motorcycle.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 5:19 PM

I used to use the pose animation stuff all the time for my still work since I could just pick a frame but it is all for the Poser 4 people and the shoulders really get fried a lot of times with Mike. So yes animated poses are good since you have lots of variety even fo stills

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 5:42 PM

well I do nto have mike. so can't guarentee anything will work properly on him. Terry: do you have a bike/car in mind ( free bee preferred ) for a get on off? Free bee cause it would enhance the 'want' if the props are free. All the props that I have used so far have been made specifically for the poser ( I made a couch and a door so far )

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 7:43 AM

No, I dodn't have a particular bike or car model in mind, but was thinking maybe a generic pose set that could then be tweaked for individual models as needed.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

hipchick ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 2:26 PM

Are you going to do an animated poses for Stephanie 3?

Resources for Artists

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 2:47 PM

I do tno have steph or mike or anything other then LR Victoria (her Jionts are set up like victoria 1, and 2. Most times I have heard that what works on one generally works on the others, but Version 3 characters I do not know about. If some one has Version 3 characters and wants to test them & alter where needed. Just IM me.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 6:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.virtualriders.com/

OK everyone who wants get on motorcycle and get off motor sycle please go here http://www.virtualriders.com/ and in the free stuff there is a "K-AWTIK" Chopper Model for poser... I will be using that bike.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.