Wed, Oct 23, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: I need some feedback for this picture please

curtskinn ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 11:04 AM ยท edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 10:31 AM

file_95129.jpg

I need some feedback for this picture and also what I should do with it through photoshop for the postwork.

Tilandra ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 11:28 AM

I get the feeling someone is getting ready to pop the big question? :) Congrats and good luck. Mike needs some patching on the elbow, Vick needs some patching on her shoes. I don't know if you left space on the right to overlay some text or not, but the composition seems "off" somehow... And I don't know if you were planning on putting hair on Mike in post or not.

weskaggs ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 11:42 AM

Basically excellent, and the only postprocessing I see a need for is to fix the holes in her shoes and his elbow, and smooth out her dress a bit. There are, however, three things in the image that don't work for me: 1) The dog is not actually sitting -- its rear end is not in contact with the floor. 2) He shouldn't be wearing blue jeans! Everything else in the image is dress clothing. 3) His head has a very feminine shape. It ought to be more angular, I think.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 12:04 PM

You might try using the burn tool, set to mid-range at a low percentage, to slightly darken the extreme highlights on Vicky's shins, thighs, shoulders, and on the top of Mike's head. (I think this would work better than setting the tool to "highlights.") If that doesn't work to your liking, try sampling adjacent skin color, then using a soft paint brush at something like 4% opacity to paint gently over those highlights. They'll still be there, just not so glaringly. The poke-through on M's elbow and V's ankle would be very easy to fix with the clone or healing tools. Comments meant constructively, this will be a nice pic when you're finished.

Letterworks ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 12:08 PM

I would recommend doing a very slight blurr in post to "blend" the characters with the background a bit. You also might concider a "depth of vision" blur in P5 or if your using P4 blur the pic in layers, the garden slightly (say 4-10 %) then select the pillars, rail and garden and blurr them by another slight percentage, etc. This would break up the Hard 3d elements. Also, experiment with some softer, directional lighting and see what effects you get there. mike

Zodo ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 12:14 PM

In addition to those great suggestions, I would suggest rendering with shadows. It would give it a more realistic look.

barriephillips ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 12:33 PM

maybe some warmer lighting in the render ? their skins look very pale in the warm sunlight behind, or maybe a different colder background ?

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 1:15 PM

I feel some shadows would give your nicely posed characters some depth. Perhaps a touch of blurring on the trees would help to minimise the effect of branches growing out her head. A bump map on the bench might help too. A lovely composed scene though. Well done.

quinlor ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 1:38 PM

Very nice poses. I think the picture could benefit from a much tigther croping. And shadows for deep. Stefan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.