Sat, Oct 5, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: Free Uni Tree 1 Now In Downloads

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 12:51 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:27 AM

file_95165.jpg

The free Uni Tree 1 model is now finished and in the downloads area. This product consists of a 3d Tree with default, autumn and winter MAT-Poses, enabling your new Poser tree to become seasonal! The MAT-Poses are a compromise from the few members that requested posable/morphing branches. Hope you find it useful.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 1:19 PM

Thanks, looks very useful!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 1:20 PM

Thank you very much. It says PC only but I'll try it on my Mac for you.

Aeriol

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 1:23 PM

I don't have a MAC to test on so I play safe to avoid disapointing people. File references are kept short and use : instead of / so it should be ok.

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 1:44 PM

Looks great, thanks Becco =)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 2:33 PM

That's great. Thank you.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 6:27 PM

It looks wonderful. Thank you!

ariannah ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 7:50 PM

Another Mac user off to download and give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing - your tree looks wonderful! :-)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

nakamuram ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 8:47 PM

This is great! My DAZ Dog really loves it!!

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 9:00 PM

Yes, I was tempted to put a Poser dog in the pictures!

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 3:20 AM

Oooh I love trees, thanks!! :] Fish

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 3:49 AM

Thank you! (Another Mac user off with shovel and watering can.)

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 9:35 AM

LMAO at the dog and tree idea!!! :-D (can't wait to see what y'all come up with!)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 1:23 PM

When I load it in the window it is invisible (no transmaps on). Did the fly-around thing and I did see it briefly! And when it's rendered there's nothing there. I've been using Poser 4 for 5 years now so I should know what I'm doing.

I redownloaded and installed again - same thing. Don't actual figures (.cr2) need external .obj? Just wondering.

Aeriol

Becco_UK ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 1:42 PM

PilotHigh - I do not doubt that you know what you are up to but the Uni Tree 1 model was developed for PC users which is why you only see PC in the download section. A PC to MAC convertor may solve the problem. The .cr2 contains imbedded geometry so an external .obj is not required. I done it this way so that MAT-Pose files could be accomodated for an object that is essentially a prop. I tested thoroughly on my PC in Poser 4 and Poser 5 before uploading and everything worked fine. Hope that helps your problem.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 1:51 PM

John, as I stated in my IM reply to you, I use MacConverter religiously - couldn't work without it. But that didn't help. I buy whatever I want from the marketplace whether it is for Mac or PC. I have only had this invisibility problem with DXF and some 3DS imports. Don't worry about me there are lots more trees in the forest!! ;-)

Becco_UK ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 1:58 PM

I hope any future free Uni trees will be MAC friendly - but I cannot support MAC users of Poser hence the PC only tag. Thank you for letting me know.

Becco_UK ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 2:43 PM

I hope this helps for MAC users having difficulties when converting the PC download. In the download section of my Homepage you will find a download link for the Uni Tree 1 .obj file. The object is a direct save from Xfrog 3.5 so I hope it works. Xfrog uses a different rotation system so when you load the .obj file into Poser it will be lying down. Rotate and apply textures that are in the PC download. A do it yourself tree!

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 3:13 PM

So damn simple I didn't even realize it. My startup prefs for Poser were set to open in the Face Camera - duh!! I didn't even think to try another camera for God's sake. I must be getting forgetfull in my old age. So your tree is working beautifully now and even renders quite fast with a few of the them. Thank you so much for the tree, John. Aeriol

Becco_UK ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 8:29 PM

PilotHigh - I'm pleased you got there in the end with the tree. Thanks for posting the message everything works ok. Perhaps you would like to test a future free Uni Tree on your MAC.

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2004 at 11:58 PM

Thank you so much for making the .obj file to help Mac users. It is hugely appreciated! I haven't yet had a chance to see if I can load your file into P5 after using MacConvertor, but just wanted to say thanks.

It's always appreciated when things are also workable on a Mac and I know this isn't always an option. When someone takes the time to go the extra mile, like you did, it really makes me smile. So again, thank you for at least trying and for also making another Mac user very happy! :-)

Arry

ariannah ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 12:13 AM

UPDATE:

Just DL'ed the tree, used MacConvertor and it rendered great in Firefly on my Mac running Panther! What a great looking tree! Thanks again - I'm thrilled! I love trees!

Arry :-)

jenay ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 5:25 AM

looks very realistic - many thanks :)

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 11:06 AM

John, sorry to be so late in replying - was busy. I would like to 'test' any tree you make! Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.