Sat, Sep 21, 6:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Mercury Grand Marqui posted to freestuff

Mason ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 1:18 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 11:45 PM

file_133002.jpg

This is NOT my mesh. Credit goes to whomever was the original modeller. I got the mesh from 3d cafe. I think its a Mercury Grand Marqui. Anyway, its cut up and converted to a poser figure. All doors, trunk (gotta stuff that body somewhere), hood and tires work. I also made props for the widnows so you can roll them up and down. Doors have seperate materials so you can color the car BW for squad cars. If anyone has a preference to which car they'd like cut up next, let me know. I was thinking either the BMW or the pickup truck next.

Mason ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 1:19 AM

Also, I'm trying out a new site for downloads. www.stas.net. Hopefully they will be far more reliable than geocities.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 1:40 AM

Yup, that's a Merc, alright. And a Marquis, too. Not the same year and model I drive though...mine's a 4 door. grin Kate

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 3:26 AM

Very nice, off to d/load now. Thanks Paul

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 4:42 AM

The A-Team Van and the Delroan from Back To The Future, oh and a Mad Max Style car too :-) This rocks, been looking for a car or two, thanks a lot. Jody

Jarek ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 5:52 AM

Do you have '88 Pontiac Sunbird ??

Huolong ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 6:08 AM

I mean...totally awesome. Like there's not many of these around. Working on an old story that I needed this for... for sure.

Gordon

Huolong ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 6:11 AM

Merc doesn't have an engine. Any suggestions to find something to stick under the hood? Model would have been too complex to include in original

Gordon

februus ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 8:18 AM

Thanks, Mason!

mikes ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 9:14 AM

There are highly detailed 3DS models of a jeep and a military 6x6 that don't have texture maps and would make great Poser items. They are in a link from the WW2-3D site. They will load into Poser, but there are hundreds of textures to assign for each group and the file is too cumbersome that way. Any chance you would like to work on those?? The same author's half-track is at 3D Cafe.

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 9:16 AM

3DCafe.com has a V8 model, and if you'll look in the 3D links forum, you'll see a bunch of links that i posted a few days ago, one of them being nothing but cars, trucks, and mini vans.......well, as long as i'm here, here's that specific URL.....the site's text is in russian, but the thumbnails make it pretty clear.... http://www.maxnet.ru/aks/models_R.html among the available models are a Chrysler Prowler, 76 Torino, '71 AMC Matador, 98 Camaro, 79 LeBaron, 77 Blazer and others too numerous to mention......bear in mind that a few of these are in .max format, so unless you have the right converter or 3D Studio Max (or a good friend with one or the other) these might be useless to you, but there are some good ones in 3DS......i hope that someone finds this info useful.......

Huolong ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 9:54 AM

I understand from this forum that the only 3DS Max converter is a 3DS program, no separate converter. Vero e non vero?

Gordon

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 10:06 AM

That's true Huolong, as far as I know the onlt s/ware which converts MAX files is 3D Studio MAX. But, if you want vehicles converted to OBJ files so you can work on them, let me know which ones as I've d/loaded quite a few from that site. Paul

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 10:09 AM

"onlt" should, of course, be "only" Paul

Mason ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 11:09 AM

mikes - I have those vehicles. They also need some extensive optimizing. The tires alone have hundreds of polygons to simulate the knobby tires. Those could take a while.

gideon ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 11:51 AM

How about letting us know how you do it and maybe we can all work on some. Divide up the work...

lmacken ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 12:39 PM

Mason: Thanks for asking for suggestions: VW Beetle and VW microbus. Pleeeeeez.

frost ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 12:44 PM

If at all possible could you possibly find us some SUV's; Explorer, expedition, Land Cruiser, and especially that Nissan Xterra (personal Fav), Thanks.

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 12:44 PM

Great Car. I have a site a stas.net, they are very slooooow.

Mason ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 12:58 PM

pdblake - They seem FARRRRR better than yahoo :) At least they don't block downloads and the link works in Renderosity. Plus they don't force people to join yahoo like yahoo does. gideon - I use 3d max to cut up the cars. The cars are already divided into several objects in their max files. It just requires grouping them into doors, trunk, hood, windows etc, assigning materials then making a phi file for import into poser. Just tedious work. Not much I can explain really except maybe how to make the phi file.

the Escapist ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 2:11 PM

any detective/action/sci-fi/etc... story needs one, don't you think?

Mason ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 3:04 PM

Well the mercury makes a good one if you just slap the police light props in free stuff on the roof and color the car black and white.

jrsamples ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 5:33 PM

Id really love to see that plymouth prowler model turned into a poser model. I don't have max and thats the only way that I've seen it. I saw it on a russian site broken up, but it was still a max file. That would be an awesome poser car!!! Chuck

mr_sanity ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 10:01 PM

Hey, since you're offering, do you think you could convert the '64 Thunderbird? One of my good friends has one (I think his is a slightly earlier model though), and I thought it would be pretty cool to make a scene using his car. :) mr_sanity

Wizzard ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 4:52 AM

Thanks for the addy: http://www.maxnet.ru/aks/models_R.html I lost it during a crash... I've been working on the Pachard from there.. now I can finally go back and grab some more ) Are you making them as characters or poseable props? Mine are props... Cheers, Wizzard

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.