Sat, Sep 21, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Poser messing up Bryce Renders!!!!

krbtv ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 5:40 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:39 PM

I rendered a background in Bryce - results great. Used background in Poser with 2 eagle poses. The rendered background looks terrible. I placed it into PageMaker for the front cover of something I'm having printed and now the landscape is grainy - birds ok. I exported the Eagle (using wavefront object) into Bryce. Can't rotate the bird around. Got the shawdow on bird - don't want it. How do I get the picture to look like the one in Poser while rendering in Bryce?

Caligula ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 11:52 AM

The quick and diry answer is post production. Use photoshop or some other graphics program that allows layers. Plop the bryce image in one layer. THe birds in another. Mask out the the area around the birds to get the landscape to show up.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 6:02 PM

Hmmm, I wonder why you can't rotate the eagle in Bryce? Try to disable shadows from the materials editor,for the eagle. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

krbtv ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 6:28 PM

I used PhotoStyler from Aldus to put the Eagles on the rendered bmp file in Bryce. It works okay now. Thanks

mat200 ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 12:19 AM

I think you can do this: 1- Render the background in Bryce and save the image. 2- Import the eagles in Bryce with the same background, render it and save the image, then do a "Mask render of the eagles" and save the image.(I dont understand why you cant rotate tha eagles in Bryce) 3- In photoshop load the bacground, then load the eagles, and then load the mask image, use the mask image for "mask" the eagles, then select the eagles layer and invert the mask, hit delete and the backgroung of the eagles layer will dissapear, I think thats all. If you dont understand is because my poor english.

mat200 ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 12:23 AM

I think Im stupid, I did not realize that you did not have Photoshop, but if PhotoStyler uses layers is the same, sorry!

krbtv ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 8:47 AM

I have Photoshop. I don't understand how to import the eagles into Bryce. I saved them as an "obj" file then imported the obj file.

bonestructure ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 11:12 PM

kirby, try saving the render of the background at twice the size you want it in poser, then when you import it into poser, change the window size down to where you want it. That should compress it without loss. I think

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2000 at 8:08 PM

I think Bonestructure has it right. I had this problem in Poser in the past. I found that setting its size in poser to same size the image was rendered at worked fine. Any larger and poser is unable to interpolate so the image gets grainy. So just render in Bryce at 2X the size needed in Poser and pay attention to the size in Poser! I think a lot of people have this problem-I discovered the fix by playing around-I dont think its in the manual... Eric

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.