Sat, Sep 21, 4:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: DV and Poser

Bongo ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 11:12 PM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 2:06 PM

I have P3 (waiting for Curious to offer upgrade) and will soon be getting a DV camcorder. Will P3 or P4 allow DV footage in background. I believe the avi types for analogue and digital are different...

mat200 ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 12:49 AM

I think that if you save a movie in your hard disk in AVI format from a Digital Source or an Analog Source is the same, because the AVI format is Digital like other media on the computer, I think that the only change is the quality. A friend of mine has a Miro DC-10 and a Sony Camcorder (no digital) and he could save in AVI, MPEG, and other formats, but not to the same quality that a digital. Of course, Im not a specilist!

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 7:09 AM

hmmm... now that would be handy. Our company is also getting two new DV cams. Anybody know of any software, short of a true video editing system, that will convert from the digital DV format to AVI, MPEG or Quicktime?

jmwiit ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 11:00 AM

Quicktime Pro from Apple (www.apple.com) allows some simple editing (cropping and flash cuts), as well as importing from and exporting to a lot of formats, including AVI and Quicktime. I work on a Mac, but I think there is supposed to be a version for Windows, too. - Jim

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 8:26 PM

Ahhh - but will it directly import a DVCam file without a separate hardware capture card?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.