Thu, Oct 10, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Kyoko hair question

LonRanger ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 2:05 AM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:31 PM

Hi,

I downloaded some Kyoko hair items but I don't know how to integrate them with Poser 4. In the Kyoko Read Me file, it says to "Copy the contents of the KyokoHairMK3 directory that you have unzipped directly into your Poser directory." How do I do that?

Thanks.

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 5:14 AM

Assuming you know how to move files with Windows Explorer (or even DOS) go to Poser/runtime/libraries/hair. Create a new subdirectory or use one of the existing ones. Put the Kyoko files there. Poser will do the rest. Most people will put the textures somewhere like Poser/runtime/textures/hair, but Poser will find them in the hair location as well.

Kelderek ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 6:57 AM

Most zipped Poser content files can be unzipped directly to the Poser directory and all files will automatically end up where they are supposed to be. However, I never trust that they will, and sometimes I want them in another structure anyway. Just unzip the Kyoko Hair zip file to any folder on your HD and take a look at the file structure that is created. You will see a structure that corresponds to the structure in your Poser4runtime folder. For KyokoHair Mk 3, you will find that files are to placed in the following folders: poser4runtimegeometries poser4runtimelibrarieshair poser4runtimelibrariespose poser4runtimetextures When you unzip the zip file, you will see which files belongs where. It is very important that the file in the Geometries folder is placed exactly where the zip file indicates, otherwise the hair will not load in Poser. The other files can be placed in any folder under the headings above.

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 7:47 AM

Kyoko Mk 2 (which is the one I have) only has hair and texture, which is more straightforward (thinks: I must look for the Mk 3). You can put the .obj file in a different location from that specified if you want, but if you do, you need to physically edit the .hr2/.cr2 file to give the correct location.

Kelderek ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 9:09 AM

I'm sorry, I was incorrect in my post above: Since KyokoHair Mk3 is a conforming hair model, no file should be placed in the poser4runtimelibrarieshair folders, but rather in the poser4runtimelibrariescharacter folders. The cr2 file goes here. The other files (pz2 files for MAT poses, texture files and the obj file) goes where I indicated above. But as I said, unzip the zip file and you'll see where the files should placed.

LonRanger ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 12:01 PM

Thanks very much! Very helpful! I'm sure I'll be back to this wonderful forum, as I am just delving into the deeper things of Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.