Thu, Oct 3, 3:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: does anyone know where I can find a podium?

PandaPride ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 7:46 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:27 AM

what I am looking for is a lot like the one they use in the WB tv show "Charmed" if anyone has seen this show (my all time fav tv show!),, the one that holds the book of shadows. That's the sort I need. anyone know where I can find one? thanks--Essie

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 10:46 PM

file_96142.jpg

Would this do?

I can't provide the wood texture shown above, but the mesh is roughly UV-mapped and optimized for Poser. If you want it, just let me know where to email it.

I'm working on some morphs for the prop now.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 3:14 AM

Actually I believe what you are looking for is properly called a lectern. Technically a podium is something you stand on such as a small stage or dais. Although, the word podium seems to be used to refer to a lectern quite often. I don't say this to try to be some sort of pretentious prick, but to point out another word to search for when looking for this model.... though little dragon seems to have made a very nice lectern. Note: there are two lecterns in the free stuff. One is misspelled lecturn the other is labeled podium. Having never seen charmed, I am not sure if they are what you are looking for.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

PandaPride ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 6:39 AM

thanks little dragon and tyger,.. tyger to be honest with you I didn't know what else to call it. but thanks for the FYI, I'll take a look at the search here in a bit, but little dragon when you finish up on the props I would love to have it! thanks so much for all your help.--Essie

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 8:10 PM

Oh, it's done. Just slap a wood texture on it, and it's ready to render. I've included some morphs to make the legs and post thinner, adjust the height, and make the top narrower. The .zip file is ~70KB. Where shall I send it?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.