Tue, Oct 22, 10:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:35 am)

Subject: Why my daz vikey is not zero?

grid ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 9:43 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:36 AM

Well it took me a hole day to get it I finally see that the object vikey i have is not a complet zero.. hmmm So i finally found some zero poses. Is any one else know the the plan object file is not at zero.. or is it just mine?

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 10:11 PM

If you are talking vikey as in Viking...their mathematics did not have the concept of zero.....this will be a Jeapordy question worth $400... Scarab

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 10:33 PM

You mean Victoria? DAZ figures do not load in completely zeroed. This is so that you can sit them down without their knees bending in the wrong direction, due to IK being on as a default.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 10:34 PM

That's normal. Vicky's default is not zeroed. To zero her yourself without a pose, turn off the IK on her legs, then open the joint editor, select any body part, and click the zero button. Then zero any translations in her hip and body.

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 10:34 PM

If you are EXPORTING out of Poser, yes,you do need to zero the figure with the joint editor. If you are pulling the obj from the geometry folder you won't have a problem. I think this is what you are asking... SWAMP

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 10:41 PM

Sorry for the cross post...I posted ten min. ago and it just came up. (seeing how long this takes to show...22.34)

grid ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 11:27 PM

Well I loaded the file directly from the object file. Not an export. I think she is zeroed but the cr2 of her is not so what i did was zeroed here in the pose saved her as ne figure so it created a new cr2 this is whats the problem was. The cr2 i was useing to conform was not at zero. Would this be it?

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 11:46 PM

Even if you click xero figure, you have to zero the "body" and hip manually. Once zeroed you can click Memorize> Figure and then if you retsore figure she will zero out completly in the future. Sam is right about the pose being done to prevent limb buckling from IK. There were other alternatives but I think that one was the most logical at the time.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 11:54 PM

You know you guys are gonna cost this fella $400 on Jeapordy, don't you?.... Scarab<-"I'll take "extraterrestrial smells" for $200, Alex..."

grid ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 8:17 AM

Cost me $400 your way over my head there fella! Im thinking it was the Cr2 i was useing for the item. Couse when i would load it into poser it was all ready in line. but soon as i hit conform it would move Fwrd. This is Due to the cr2 I was useing. Oh Yea spelling is not a Strong subject.. nor is my english

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 10:27 AM

When I install and plan to use a new figure... any figure... I get rid of the IK (to better pose), make the figure completely white (to better take textures), zero all joints. I then save the figure back to the Library under a new name such as "!Vanilla Vicki". This saves a lot of time and aggravation later since I always have a neutral figure at hand. Carolly

Scarab ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 12:09 PM

Sorry, grid, Jeapordy is an American game show...my joke was that my comment regarding viking mathematics might be a question on the show........not very funny if you havent seen the show, I guess.... Scarab

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 7:49 PM

A: Viking Age jurists Q: what is cheaper by the dozen? NOTE: this is a triple pun since "dozen" is an Old Norse/ Teutonic mathematical concept (they counted in 12s) and "cheap" is from their word meaning market or selling (kaup). They also gave us the original concept of a jury (your 12 closest neighbors and peers, who all should know something about what happened, and nobody could get out of this duty). They weren't paid, even for transportation, which is pretty darned cheap! Carolly

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 2:15 PM

I never liked (or found much use for) the default crouched pose, BTW, for awhile I had my figures/characters zeroed, then zeroed with their feet togeather (which looks better), now I do 'em with a "I'm so embarassed (becaue I don't have any clothing yet)" pose which I hoped at least some would find humorous. ;-) Mine have all IK off too, never saw much use for that either...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.