Thu, Sep 19, 6:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Celebrity Morphs

hbaioni ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 10:37 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 7:49 PM

Hello. I`m new at poser, and i'm experimenting a bit. I'm looking for celebrity Models to download or purchase (IE: Pamela Anderson for V3) but i couldn't find anything. All the purchases (al least in renderosity) are unknown models. If someone could point me in the right direction, i will be very appreciated. I'm also looking for a tutorial on "how to make a face from a photo in poser". Thanks in advance.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 11:19 AM

There's the Anne Marie Goddard Digital Clone at DAZ. The issue of celebrity morphs is a little contentious. It's a little bit iffy to sell a character based on a real person unless you have their permission. You may find some likenesses in Freestuff here or at Animotions (www.animotions.com). Making a face from a photo is a piece of cake if you have a good enough model and the patience to tweak the dials. Unless that is, you're talking about the P5 Face Room, which I have never used. There may be a specific tutorial but the simplest (and most honest) answer is to get your photo, look at it, turn a few dials. Does the model look like your photo? No, so turn some more dials. Repeat as necessary. That really is all there is to it, no black magic.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Zarabanda ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 12:05 PM

nobody is going to sell a celebrity model because that is a copyright violation. occasionally, something is posted in free stuff, with quality usually not being very good. your best bet is to learn how to use Poser fully and make your own textures. try searching this forum with the keyword actress or celebrity and you'll get plenty of info.

Grey_cat ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 12:48 PM
Nance ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 1:27 PM

There have been lots of free celeb characters posted in the last few years (not necessarily for V3, some P3, most P4). Short list (& cut me slack on the name spelling): Most Star Wars & Star Trek actors, an Arnold Schwartzenegger, Christina (Bundy) Applegate, Jane (Barbarella) Fonda, Betty Page, Bin Laudin, Sean (007) Connery, Britney, S.M. (Buffy) Geller, Laura Croft, Groucho Marx, Barbara (Jeanie) Eden, Gillian (Scully) Anderson, Marilyn Monroe, Sandra Bulock, Sigourney (Riply) Weaver, Susan (Partridge) Dey, Whoopie Goldberg, Xena... And come on now, don't most of you have a figure stashed somewhere that you stumbled on while tweaking dials when it hit you that "Hey, that kinda looks like..." i.e. orig Steph turned into Courtney Cox really quickly if you weren't careful.

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 1:32 PM

Celebrities aren't sold? C'mon, everyone knows that's Harrison Ford for sale at Daz. -WTB

Zarabanda ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 3:19 PM

lol SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 3:21 PM

With celeb stuff, it's not what's legal or moral in the market - it's what they think will be popular with fans. Face facts: Lucas, Ford, Pam or other celebs don't have time to chase down every rip-off item like that, so the sellers figure they can do it with impunity. They come to believe it's legal because they haven't yet been hit with a "cease-and-desist" letter.

Zarabanda ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 3:40 PM

most likely the celebs themselves wouldn't be involved. but with all the concern over copyrights, especially lately, Im sure the MP admins would frown upon a blatant attempt to digitally "clone" some1. lets not forget the whole AMG EULA debacle. also, an excellent clothing set for anime doll was recently removed because of a resemblance to a certain cartoon character.

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 4:02 PM

You might get hammered for trying to sell a celebrity character, but giving one away might fall under the category of fan art. Look at Animotions and you will see dozens of copyright characters available for free download. This sort of tribute is generally considered acceptable. Put them up for sale, it would be different.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 4:10 PM

If people can copyright their faces in america, what happens if you have exactly the same face as a celebrity? Does that mean that you can`t make a poser figure of yourself? Maybe you have to get copyright permission to have holiday snaps. That law is absolute nonsense.

farang ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 4:46 PM

There's also a Veronika Zemanova character in the marketplace.

Zarabanda ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 5:29 PM

you would have to take your face...OFF -castor troy

Savage_Artistry ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 7:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20338

file_96634.jpg

You can get some free face poses for V3 over at Poser Pros (but you have to be a member - also free). Here's a picture of a Pam Anderson face (taken from Poser Pros' forum thread - not my work).

RedHawk ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 9:56 PM

file_96635.jpg

And come on now, don't most of you have a figure stashed somewhere that you stumbled on while tweaking dials when it hit you that "Hey, that kinda looks like... Now that you mention it.....

<-insert words of wisdom here->

Alchera ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 11:13 PM

Waiting for the "Ditzy Slut Lifeguard Character Pack". Hope it includes morphing ug boots. Sure to be available at RMP real soon. LOL.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 6:41 AM

Because of legal concerns, most celebrity characters are sold with the serial numbers filed off, so to speak. But they are available, as others in this thread have noted. Over at DAZ, there was a thread about free celebrity characters. Someone was going to keep a web site with a list of all the free celebrity morphs available. I don't know if she actually did it, though.

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 10:44 AM

"C'mon, everyone knows that's Harrison Ford for sale at Daz." Naw, Harrison Ford's far more butch than Michael 3 will ever be. M3 always has been, and always will be a girly man.

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 11:03 AM

If you call your figure Pamela Anderson you are making a clear identification, but there are millions of people called just Pamela. Also remember that there are people who make a living out of being celebrity lookalikes. "My figure isn't meant to resemble Pamela Anderson, it's meant to resemble a Pamela Anderson lookalike!"

Zarabanda ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 12:06 PM

I have a figure who looks like somebody that looks like somebody...

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 3:45 PM

Ratteler, being able to patent genes is a ridiculous law as well, If you didnt make the thing then you shouldnt be able to patent it. I think that american patents for genes will be disregarded in quite a few other countries...

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 5:48 AM

At first blush, being able to patent genes seems ridiculous. However, there's a reason behind it. No one will ever have to pay royalties for their DNA. What they will have to do is pay for the medical treatments that come from genes. If it's not set up this way, no one will pay for the research. Far more disturbing to me is what Monsanto is doing. They are releasing things like genetically engineered potatoes into the world. They have a naturally-occuring gene from a different potato strain that makes them resistant to bugs inserted. By their own admission, even if all farmers follow their advice to the letter, after 30 years, the bugs will adapt and their genetically engineered crops won't work any more. So basically, they are ruining something that worked and was free -- and making millions off it.

Zarabanda ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 1:19 PM

potatoes can be genetically altered to look like celebrities...can you believe it?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.