Fri, Sep 20, 10:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: New fem warrior costume - comments?

brschmidt ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 11:28 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:51 PM

file_133266.jpg

I'm probably a little over half done and hoping a fresh eye(s) can provide some good feedback. I'm going for the fantasy look more than a practical one but all comments are helpful. The feet stick thru the boots but I plan on hiding the feet after I convert it to conforming clothes. I've got a version without a collar on the vest but I can't figure out which one I prefer - comments? I'd like to do something else with the front of the belt but I'm drawing a blank - help? I'm also looking for suggestions for some head gear and maybe something for the front of the thighs - if you have an image of something you think would look good please send it to me. Thanks much.... -Byron

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 12:32 PM

I've seen the texture test on the top (thanks for the preview). I thinking you've got a great costume coming along here. Maybe a scabbard and belt to sling off the hip. Other than that I like everything I see here. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

ookami ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 1:19 PM

Looks good. I would include a cuff morph for the pants tho. That would give them a more medieval flair.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 2:14 PM

Looking good so far. I would do the cuff morph also for the boots. Head gear: Nor sure on that one .. you are going for the fantasy thing so maybe just a circlet or soemhing. Belt: I would do the scabbard and sword belt. Maybe some studs. Thighs: Well since you are going for the fully impracticle armur I might might add a decorative element but beyond that nothing really. What I would add would be some leather pants and maybe some plating on the legs but that would be something more practical that what you are going for. Hope that helps and later ..

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 4:21 AM

Hrrrrrmmmmm..... toss some chains across the hip plates... ermmm.... I like the flipped up collar... good place for some artistic detailing... filagree etc... Perhaps some armour for the upper sword arm? I'm trying to keep in mind fantasy... but functional comes much easier ) Also agree with the roll down morphs for the boots... as for weapon.. anything from a dagger to a Flamberge would work... Nicely done... thanks )

brschmidt ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 9:24 PM

Well it sounds like boot cuffs are a must... I'll give it a go. The collar stays and I'll build a scabbard w/ belt as a seperate figure. Thanks for the comments! -Byron

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 4:02 AM

Check out the groin guard/belt thingies on the DragonLance armour (original book covers - kinda old now). I think something kinda like that might work out for this lady.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.