Fri, Oct 4, 4:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: found game site with Posette & Tha Dork etc.

ghelmer ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 2:43 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 4:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.legacythegame.com/

Found a site for a new game called Legacy - Dark Shadows...... http://www.legacythegame.com/ From the screen shots all the characters are Posette & Dork!!!! And it looks like it might be a cool game too!! Point & Click adventure games are still cool IMHO!! Later!! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

swfreeman ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 7:28 AM

uhm.. no posette and dork there.. its all inhouse modelling..

nukem ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 7:51 AM

The characters in the website banner and sidebar do bare a resemblance to Dork and Posette, but it's more likely that they're in-house created meshes. Any game studio that wishes to avoid legal hassles will stay away from third party 3d meshes that have some sort of license agreement attached to them, such as is the case with Poser figures. By doing the meshes in-house, a game studio can avoid any possible legal hassles and the result is a mesh that's specifically suited or optimized to their needs. I did see Dork used on toy packaging at an Ontario 'Toys R Us' store on the weekend. It was for some sort of low-cost 'Laser Tag' style pistol and vest set that featured two unmistakable Dorks on the packaging; one bust shot, the other three-quarter full shot, wearing the laser tag gear. They even used one of the default hair props and clothes sets. Anyone play that UK game called "Ghost Master?" The opening cinematics feature female character meshes that were VERY Vicky-esque. Made me do a double-take. :)

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 9:42 AM

Dont forget you can still buy a licensed copy of the Dork/posette mesh from Zygote media to rig in MAX ,Lightwave etc and use it for your game promo or whatever. so evey dork /possette sighting is not necessarily the poser version of these meshes.

My website

YouTube Channel

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 10:42 AM

The opening cinematics feature female character meshes that were VERY Vicky-esque. Haven't seen the opening cinematics, but a recent magazine advertisement for the game featured a showering Victoria and the Updo.

Greyskin ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 12:01 PM

Up in the corner that is dork without a doubt. And Reika hair on the girl although she doesn't look like posette. I don't think that they would use such large meshes in a game, it would slow the redraws down. The meshes in most of the games out there are minimum verts to look the shape.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 12:36 PM

Aren't they legally allowed to use any rendered images such as in-game cinematic cuts/animations, or images in the game itself? So long as it's not the actual models, I mean? I would think so, but just curious.

ghelmer ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 1:50 PM

I downloaded the alpha release demo and there are pre-rendered backgrounds featuring doork and posette with p4 hair on both and the ingame female model has the reika hair and walks with definate poser walk designer walks... Also I read in the companys forum that they used Poser Motions (I assume Walk Designer) & free hand movements to animate the characters. As well they're claiming 20,000 poly characters and the ingame character looks a lot like Posette to me... I just thought it was cool that a game is being made with Poser..... I hope Razbor Studios does well with it!! I'll buy it if it makes it's way to North America!

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.