Tue, Oct 22, 1:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: African Male? Any suggestions

lalverson ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 2:43 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:21 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_133323.jpg

a Bit of assistance if you would be so kind. I'm attempting to create a afro-male and I think I'm shooting in the dark. I think I'm close but another set of eyes woudl be very helpful

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 2:47 AM

I'd love to have your texture map Marque

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 3:29 AM

A darker brown iris.... Someone posted a "set o eyes" in free stuff a while ago... the one for a lion might do with a little work on the pupil... Elsewise.. very well done )

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 6:13 AM

That's wild... the guy looks JUST LIKE the guy who owns and runs this little convenience store down the street from me...only he's a Saudi Arabian, and a little lighter in color. Something doesn't seem right about the nose. Maybe it would help you some if you picked out a particular person to model it after, preferably someone you can get pictures of from all angles and then use them for reference. African Americans do have a specific genetics to them as do all races, but at times it's kind of hard to pinpoint and often it's more in the skin color than anything.This guy seems to have a little too much red in him, unless it's the lighting, but that IS a really great texture. Cheers, Mike

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 11:11 AM

It's also a very diverse race. There are so many variations of skin color among the African American population. Even the different areas of Africa have different looking people. I don't think there's any one speciific look for the African people. You can be as creative as you wish. Certainly, there are certain features that seem to be common among most African nationalities, but there can also be many blends. I think your character is wonderful. The purple eyes are a little weird (maybe he's wearing contacts), but the face looks great! Melanie

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 4:19 PM

I agree with melanie, you've got a great character going here. I also would like to see your map. I've only found two for an African-American male. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 4:24 PM

Liz, Where have you found the maps for the African American male? I've been looking, but the only one I found was the one in the store for the Jimi Hendrix character. Thanks, Marque

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 4:52 PM

They have a Jimi Hendrix character? Where? This I gotta know since my Led Zeppellin pic failed since I couldn't find a Les Paul, but I have a strat, and If I had a convincing Hendrix...well, at least I could finish ONE thing! Mike

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 5:26 PM

Look in the store, they even have the strat if I remember correctly. He looks damn good. Marque

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 3:54 AM

I really like the texture map as it stands - especially the vivid purple eyes. He's very intense. Maybe the lips a little less red? He makes me think kinda cyber punkish? I keep looking at him and expecting to see something chrome - like bioware implants above the ears. He looks more middle-eastern egyptian thand african. But keep a copy of this version. :) Love to see him as is in freestuff :) My s.o. suggests black feathered wings for the dark angel look.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.