Fri, Sep 20, 9:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Digital Camera Question

Himico ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 8:34 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

I am interested in a digital camera.
What do you think about FujiFilm Fine Pix S5000 ?
It has 10x optical zoom, and it is not expensive (about $ 300).
I looked at the ratings. But the picture quality was not highly rated.

Anyone used this camera? Do you recommend it.
Do you have any other digital camera you recommend?

Canon digital EOS is good. But I dont want to buy an expensive camera now, because their price will probably come down sharply. I just want reasonably good inexpensive camera for hobby.
I have film cameras. If I really want to take high quality pictures, I can use them.This is where I am now.

We appreciate your comments.
Thank you in advance.

FearaJinx ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 9:33 PM

How many mega pixels is it? If it's 3.1 you can make a good 8X10... I hope that helps. Jinx

Wivelrod ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 4:17 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dpreview.com/

Dpreview is a great site for checking out features and reviews on many Digital Cameras. The camera you've mentioned gets an "average" rating, though obviously all reviews are subjective to the reviewer. Buying a Digital Camera is certainly one of those things you want to research alot! I spent the best part of a month reading reviews and checking out peoples opinions before I finally decided on a purchase! (I got a Sony DSC 717 in the end). Nothing beats a good demo though (so long as the person demoing it isn't too biased by profit :P ) Good luck ;)

Himico ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 10:22 PM

FearaJinxAand Wivelrod, thank you very much for your helps.

It is 3.1 mega pixels. Probably I donft need print larger than 8x10.
8x10 is good size.

The link is very useful.
There are so many factors to consider. It is certainly not easy to decide.

Thanks again.
HimiCo.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.