Tue, Oct 22, 6:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Is it possible to remove some of the dials ??

Holli ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 5:09 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:36 AM

Attached Link: Is it possible to remove some of the dials ??

If you open a door it only rotates on one axis. And NEVER on one of the others. Is it possible to remove the dails for this for a new object ? I know it's possible to set the movement to 0 but as you seen, I don't need this dials at all. I don't even need scale and some of the other dials.

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 6:28 AM

What you need is the CR2 editor by John Stallings which is in free stuff. (Just do a search for him). Open a file (CR2 or PP2) in the editor and go into the channels section. There you will see a label "hidden" - this is probably set to "0". If you change it to "1", the dial will not appear when you open the figure/prop. (You can do this in a word editor as well). This is how there are only dials for opening doors and nothing for scale/rotate in the Pickup Truck prop I did. Paul

Holli ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 7:43 AM

Thanx Paul, sounds great !!

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 7:53 AM

Setting the dials to hidden will remove them from the screen but keep them with the model. If you really don't need them, you can open the hierarchy editor and actually delete morphs and their dials from the model permanently.

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 9:40 AM

Yup, it's in free stuff now Peter Paul

Mason ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 11:23 AM

What I have noticed is poser will put the rotate dials back in some circumstances.

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 8:20 PM

I only tried it once, after someone else mentioned it here, but I believe it will only allow you to remove MT dials, not rotate, translate or scale dials.

Upir ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 8:43 PM

I actually open the CR2 up in Wordpad and delete the individual rotation entries that I don't need. I've found that if I just make these dials hidden as mentioned above, that it is still possible to rotate on all three axes with the rotation tool. Not a good thing.

dwilmes ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 11:21 PM

There is a tool in CR2Edit for precisely this purpose, it will automatically hide or unhide dials without your needing to open the file in any kind of an editor, which can be very dangerous. One bracket deleted and the CR2 locks up. There is also a Bracket Checker in CR2Edit... Dan http://www.neca.com/~dwilmes/cr2edit.html

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.