Sat, Sep 21, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: First Print.......

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 9:15 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 11:58 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=599570

file_97580.jpg

My first print in the darkroom..... nothing special as far as images go, but what a wonderful experience. To see an image appear before your eyes like magic.... I am *so* hooked..... considering, putting off the lighting set-up purchase, in lieu of putting together a home dark-room...

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Lalani ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 10:09 AM

Oh what fun! =) I printed a few b&w photos in my mother's dark-room.. but that was years ago. I know how it feels to watch the picture slowly appear, and when they turn out alright its even better! ;) huggles =)

3DGuy ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 10:50 AM

Very nice. I don't have the guts to develop my own images yet (let alone the equipment).

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

1eo ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 12:45 PM

Yeah, my mom used to have a dark room back When I lived in Venezuela... I was very little (maybe 7? 10? I don't know). Anyway, Now I have the chanceto develop my own film again because I'm taking a photography class at school. I might put my mom's equiptment back together when I come back to the U.S.... it's so much fun. leo

enax ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 2:02 PM

Congrats Michelle because this wonderful experience as you say is like magic... well, is magic indeed :) This is a door to a new and vast region of the photography. For the moment, the integration of the photo with the support and its texture isn't possible with the computer printers, the quality and the mood of the darkroom prints, as Art, is unique yet.

patmartj ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 2:15 PM

Made a dark room from my airing cupboard. With a thick blanket over the door and all my pans on the shelf. I loved it. Had to take the fresh print into the bathroom to wash it too. It was a few years back now but I still remember the excitement (and the fear of loading the film and adding the chemicals) the did I get it right or not and then the actual printing. Must have been nineteen years or so ago now. Enjoy Mishelle, you will do wonderous things in there!

patmartj ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 2:18 PM

Sorry that should be Michelle, fingers can't spell again!

Alrisha ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 3:12 PM

Nice done! (I tried too to print in a black room, but it was not good... It is necessary to train more...) lol

firestorm ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 3:34 PM

have fun :)) it's the one thing i miss since stopping my photography course. i wish i had a dark room :(

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

creanum ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 10:27 PM

yes the first picture is a great moment in the photographer life? congratulation. Louis

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 11:03 PM

congrats 'chelle! how exciting... i know how you feel :D i luved it so, but never felt i could afford a good enlarger & all the rest for my very own but i spent a lot of extra late nights in the university's darkroom even got the same thrill from taking & developing xrays for so many years at work... think we were one of the last Dr's office that still used dip tanks

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 11:00 AM

I got My first Prints done when I wuz 15 Years Old...this proved I had stolen the Car....they shipped Me out to Reform Skool :[ You are getting off very lightly Michelle :]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.