Thu, Sep 19, 9:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:18 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Coming soon - ULTRA Photorealism

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 2:52 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 8:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserexotica.com

Just trying out my new camera. Soon, I will be offering digital photos to be used for making textures.

These were NOT taken in a professional studio - simply in my livingroom. :) The photos I will be selling ARE going to be taken in a professional studio with professional lighting setups etc.

I've seen the other digital photo offerings and can't say that I'm all that impressed by them so I went out and spent a ton of money on professional equipment. I believe that these will be the very best digital photo references available to date.

The images are huge so I will either be offering them for purchase on CDs or as reduced/optimized images for download or even break up the set into several smaller packages.

If anyone has any preference for model types that they'd like to see just let me know as i will be scouting out models soon. Also, I'd love to hear your preferences as far as format - CDs, reduced/optimized, smaller zips. For the time being these will probably be offered at Renderosity exclusively and then perhaps on my own website.

PS: Perhaps I should make sure the models wash their faces before the shoot, lol.

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 2:53 PM

and to really gross you out....the infamous eye buger we all experience upon awakening

Stormrage ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 3:38 PM

nice .. what i would like to see is nice even lighting. No shadows if at all possible. hair pulled back, (maybe someone who's bald so we can get a proper top of the head look) files though.. definately smaller zips.. lol when i decide to buy i want it now not later.. it's because i need it now not two or three days later. :)

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 3:41 PM

Oh sure, like I said, these were just a few shots taken in my livingroom with just light coming in from the window. In a pro studio with pro lighting the lighting would most definetly be even all around with few, if any shadows. :)

Stormrage ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 3:49 PM

ohhhhhh i wasn't meaning your photos :( I was making a suggestion because one of the packages i bought have really bad shadows.

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 4:09 PM

Ahhh...no prob hon. I know exactly what you mean...been there, done that, lol. That's why I decided to buy my own equipment. Also, as an alum of Syracuse University School of Visual & Performing Arts, i have access to their pro studio that has an excellent, technologically advanced lighting setup. I can't wait!!! Now to find some guinea pigs, errr, human models to shoot....

Stormrage ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 4:25 PM

i can't wait .. :) please make sure to let me know when these are ready :) I'm learning how to do textures soo will need good photos :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 4:29 PM

Old knees, old hands in detail, old neck. wrinkly high detail would be very nice. alabaster skin with the viens showing through often found on extreamly white redheads. makes for good vampire textures and as bump maps for other texture sets. most of the texture photo sets out there are of smooth skinned beautiful people. I would be very nice to have some weathered old skin textures. they can be used for old people, wizards and witches, as well as orcs, and monster skins. definate lack of these kinds of photo textures out there. I would even wait a few days to get a set on CD if the price was not out of this world or there were tons on the CD. my 2 cents.

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 5:09 PM

I prefer downloaded files since I live in europe shipning makes it more expensive. I love to see good lips details and nails that I don't have to resize so much and indeed the bad shadows

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 5:48 PM

Stormrage: I'll be sure to let you know. :) MachineClaw: All are very good suggestions. dolfijntjes: Excellent suggestions as well. I will do my best to accomodate everyone's needs but it may take a bit of time to build my database. I do plan on having a great variety of "skins" to choose from and not just "beautiful" people. :)

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 5:50 PM

Oh, and what I will probably do is offer smaller packages in zips for those who want to download right away and perhaps multiple packages on CD for those who aren't in a rush. :) The prices will be very reasonable.

rasputina ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 8:15 PM

Pam! I was eating when I scrolled down and saw the eye close up. lol. Dag!!!!!!! :) Looking forwards to seeing your offerings, especially when you say not just the beautiful.

movida ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 8:55 PM

I like Stormrages' idea of a bald guy, good scalps are hard to find (and worth much money g)

DTigerWoman ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 9:38 PM

I'd like to see details such as a good straight-on shot of the arm pits. Crazy I know but I haven't seen ANY resources that have that and I think it would be nice to be able to put an arm pit texture in there too snickers A Between the legs shot wouldn't be bad either if the models are willing to do something like that LOL! I'd say pay special attention to details: Ears Lips Eyes Nose Elbows and arm crease Hands and Fingers Between the fingers The Thumb! Hard to find a good picture of a thumb to get the good joint texture. Knees Back of Knees Back of Ankles Bottom and top of feet Make them spread their toes! LOL Ok.. this is only a suggestion obviously in case it sounds to pickey...LOL! I think I could do without eye boogers though LOL!

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 9:47 PM

Hahaha. I was viewing these when I was eating lunch...I had to turn the monitor off, lol. I will try to locate a bald guy. Hey, maybe my Dad...he's not quite bald but is a bit thin on top. I'll see what I can come up with... Syracuse University (my alma mater) is 10 minutes away. There should be a fantastic variety of people to choose from...

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 10:03 PM

DTigerWoman: You read my mind, lol. All excellent suggestions. Here's a test shot of an arm pit. I'll certainly be taking pics of them when I shoot in the studio. Feel free to use this one if it's not too compressed - I had to crop and resize it.

rasputina ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 4:59 AM

stretch marks, that is certainly something that you don't see but would be nice for realism like in the arm pit photo.

Stormrage ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 7:58 PM

ohh one other thing i thought of.. NO MAKEUP! lol i bought a package that the woman is wearing makeup. :( Not good when i want to do the makeup. Have your model natural no makeup, no "enhancements" (false eyelashes things like that)

DTigerWoman ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 8:06 PM

kool pits! LOL!!!! Don't think Victoria would like those pits though snickers And yes...no makeup so make them wash it all off LOL One other thing I thought of too that I didn't think of before.... The inside of the legs! That's always one of the harder parts of a texture because nobody gives good photos of the inside of the legs... plenty of pictures from the outside of the legs but no inside :o( Looks like these photos will be fantastic ;o)

Exotica ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 12:08 AM

Heheheh...well actuallly the pits are for Mike, lol, however I once knew a girl in high schoool that didn't shave her pits. About the eye makeup - yes, I thought of that also. I didn't think about the inside of the legs though. Also, i was wondering if these 45 degree angle pics are useful for anything to anyone? I never had a need to use them so I was just curious. I'm hoping to shoot at the studio this Sunday as well as next weekend so I'm hoping I can get something together soon for ya all. :) Pam

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 11:21 PM

vericose veins!! good shots of scars, cuts, scrapes, etc., though i'm guessing cuts/scrapes might be hard to come across... also, i agree about the make-up stuff and having naked faces, but a few shots of folks with smeary make-up, runny mascara, smudged lipstick, etc would be cool... course, that might just be me... i'm not ruling out that possibility... ;)

MysticMind ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 9:43 AM

Another request (which seems to be absent in many of the photos that are available) ... perform white balancing before you shoot the photos. It is SO important in order to obtain natural coloring. Many of the photos that are available are WAY off color, and way too saturated.

Exotica ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 2:52 PM

Giana: Great suggestions! I'll see what I can do. MysticMind: Also a great suggestion and one I am well aware of from my photography classes many, many years ago when I used the old-fashioned SLRs. :) Also, my camera has a special feature built in just for this purpose. :) Thank you all for your suggestions. Keep them coming. :) I hope to start shooting in two weeks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.