Tue, Oct 22, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: ahem. Poser 5. Stuff about it.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 4:18 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:43 PM

Attached Link: The Poser 5 Forum

Well, after reading through a lot of the posts here over the last couple weeks, I sorta noticed that a lot of folks might not be aware that there is a forum on the net dedicated to Poser 5. It's not precisely the same sort of place as this. Different sort of atmosphere. But I like it. Very homey. And there are some great tips on using Poser 5 -- speeding it up, using it, playing with it. There's even free material shaders -- stuff to play with. And besides, you can pick on me for being crazy. Might have to -- after this post, I may get knocked ;)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

milamber42 ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 4:44 PM

Hmm.. be verrry interesting to see what happens.... ;) Nice post about P5 performance though..

cedarwolf ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 5:05 PM

Where might that forum be?

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 5:08 PM

RuntimeDNA

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 5:20 PM

To bad we can have a Poser5 forum here, I made the suggestion here, but no go. We had all kind of lame excuses.. like it would divide the Poser community and such, which is BS. If anything at all would help keep this "post all" , "off topic" forum in a manageble size and you could actually find a thread when need it. How about are we ready for Poser5 forum here?????

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 5:58 PM

RDNA as we all know is an outstanding site, but I've noticed that the discussion forums there don't get much activity, at least not compared to Renderosity and Poser Pros forums. As others have said, Poser 5 is discussed every day right here, and of course, Poser 5 issues are always on topic. :-)

fido13 ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 9:38 PM

ynsaen, thanks for the tip. I'll be checking out that forum regularly now. P5 is my software of choice.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 9:43 PM

It'll be good to have you around, fido13! Niles -- yeah, I was surprised when they nixed the p5 forum, and yes, you can find it here -- but ya tend to get into a lot of the p4 vs p5 stuff here, and, as the venerable xonocostle noted, RDNA is a bit quiter -- lets us get past that stuff and to the meat of what we're doing which is having fun and making pretty pictures. (and besides, ya can't get colm's hair or Trav's material presets here ;) ) hee hee Dialyn -- please don't hurt me. I'll be good for at least another six weeks, I promise. just can't speak for my other personalities...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 10:54 PM

? I think I don't want to know.

Queensoul ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 11:06 PM

Oh "How to speed up poser 5". Cool, I'll go check in. Ever since I followed an instruction at PoserPros to dump the "Content Paradise" in the web interface, I've been a bit happier with the speed.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 3:36 AM

A poser 5 forum here would be good for a few reasons. So beginners dont try poser 5 tips here with there copy of poser 4. You would know right away which version of poser people have, a lot of them dont say if it is poser 5 or poser 4 or poser 4 with propack. I am sure there are other reasons too!

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 8:43 AM

Well, but then Poser 6 comes out and so we then have a Poser 4 and a Poser 5 and a Poser 6 forum? Some questions are universal to all versions (getting clothes on characters), is Poser art and related theoretical questions). And people will inevitably post Poser 4 questions in the Poser 5 forum and visa versa. And where does a person go with a question like: "How does light in Poser 5 compare to Poser 4?" Is that a Poser 4 question or a Poser 5 question? And where do the people who are still using Poser 3 post their questions? And there are some who have gotten a free copy from a magazine and I think they have a right to ask their questions too. I don't care either way (really I don't) but I can't see some disadvantages as well as advantages to splitting the forum up.

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 8:50 AM

Discussion Forums at Poserpros are active, and there's a Poser 5 forum there as well. ;) I don't think there needs to be a Poser 6 forum etc, unless CL does some radical changes. I can see a new forum being something like 'Poser 5 and Above'

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.