Sat, Sep 21, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Experiment... color or b&w??

Lalani ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 9:37 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:28 AM

file_97891.jpg

Hey peeps! I was trying some more droplets last night, but thought to myself.. "Why should the droplets be water?" Hehehe! So I started dripping ink into the water (I didn't have milk, as Misha suggested), but of course it didn't splash back up, instead, started making these beautiful forms in the water.. so much fun! I was just wondering if it looks better in the original color... or the b&w obtained from the red channel?? What do ya think? Kim =)

Lalani ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 9:39 AM

file_97892.jpg

Or...

sabretalon ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 10:06 AM

At first glance my male, deprived mind thought this was lacey underwear. After wiping away the drool and looking at the screen properly I now see the image in it's true form. I like the B & W, but I like the colour as well. I lean more to B & W because I think it has more impact for this type of image.

1eo ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 11:16 AM

I like more the b&w... but my choose was made only by personal taste. The orange is too much for my eyes.... Have you try and inverse of the B&W? just woundering... leo

rickymaveety ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 11:49 AM

I love the b&w, the orange distracts from the form created by ink. I think the second image is positively erotic, and I'm female.

Could be worse, could be raining.

FearaJinx ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 12:13 PM

Go Black & White Kim...and it does look like underwear. LOL!

Lalani ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 1:13 PM

Lacey underwear??? giggle Ok ok, I see it too! :P Thanks for helping me decide. I think the b&w is better because it shows the forms created by the ink clearer, as rickymaveety says. And since I've already posted this one here, I might as well go and post it in the gallery. Thanks for the help! Kim =)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 1:25 PM

Hehehe.... I must have a depraved mind as well because I thought it was cute undies too.... FWIW... I like the BW better too!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

firestorm ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 1:35 PM

lol... also thought underwear. i like the b&w one. i think the colour was too strong in the first one. just thinking, would be worth a try a few shots side on as it fell into a jar of water. not sure about how difficult this would be to do and possible problems with reflections from the glass. just an idea i guess :)

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

Lalani ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 1:42 PM

@1eo: Yes, I have tried to invert it, but thought the white on black was too strong. @firestorm: Thanks for the idea! Will have to try that some time. =)

aangus ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 2:15 PM

I think the B&W gets my vote. P.S. ..If I post you a Biro, could you make me a nice pair of Y fronts please!

logiloglu ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 6:20 PM

both pictures are beautiful,they have the same power. !!!!!!! #:O) !!!!!!!

Finder ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 6:26 PM

B&W, definately. That is a beautiful form, Lalani. Ahh.. Hey, Sabretalon - did you mean "deprived" or "Depraved"? I may confess to myself being depraved, but I would never admit to DEPRIVED (ahh... even if it were the case, I mean)! Joe

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 9:19 PM

OK I admit it. Underwear. However I have to say color. Again I go against the grain... Magick Michael

Misha883 ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 9:53 PM

B&W!!! And try the milk; you'll be surprised by the splash. Or, with your mixing idea, heavy cream in dark coffee. Underwear is welcome also.

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 10:43 PM

I will Model for You in My Underwear if You like....I am always willing to help out with Tutorials :] But....I haven't got Y-Fronts....I have Five Fronts :O

Raven_427 ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 1:49 AM

To me - this time -it's b&w too. I'm not a great fan or orange by now ... but maybe trying it in blue? Hehe .. :) Great idea Kim! huggles

ratto ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 5:08 PM

Both are beautiful :) Simply differents :)

DHolman ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 3:32 AM

I have to agree with Michelle (no, really ... I have to agree with her or whack ... she gives me one across the rear end). B&W makes you focus on the form and negative space. I think this could be an awesome series. Have them all together. Would be cool. -=>Donald

Lalani ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 12:18 PM

Lol, everyone has to watch out for that paddle ;) Thanks to everyone =)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.