Sun, Sep 22, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: setting to use for stucco texture

nick1 ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 9:58 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:38 AM

file_97989.jpg

I am trying to use a stucco texture on this exterior low wall as displayed. How can I make it look more real? I played around with the scale a bit and it was better, but not quite convincing. Is there a layer/function under the BUMP tab tha can make this look more punched out? I have attached the pic and I will attach the texture if I can. Thanks in advance. Nick

nick1 ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 10:01 PM

file_97990.jpg

Here is the texture I used.

timefighter ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 10:46 PM

file_97991.jpg

This should do the trick for you.

James

timefighter ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 10:47 PM

file_97992.jpg

Here it is with the default settings

timefighter ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 10:48 PM

Thanks to Alain Gracia for the awesome model James

sittingblue ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 11:33 PM

Don't forget you can match the color map with the same map in the bump production. Also, you may want to try moving the key light source to an oblique angle in order to accentuate the bump of any material close to the camera. - Charles

Charles

nick1 ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 12:51 AM

James and Charles- Thank you both for your immidiate response. I will try it again and shall I get into some other problems, I will trouble you guys again. Thanks, Nick

lingrif ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 7:06 AM

I also appreciate the help here. I've been struggling with the same type of texturing problem - I always seem to forget the Object-Standard setting. Many thanks to you both and to Nick1 for bringing up the topic. - Lin

www.lingriffin.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.