Fri, Sep 20, 3:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: can't activate the "Vote" and "Add image" or "Add artist" buttons

agnesdodart ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 10:12 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:40 AM

Hello everyone,
I recently discovered that I couldn't activate these buttons any more... When I click on any of them, nothing happens at all (but everything else works fine)... Any idea why? I ran Spy Blaster and Ad Aware on my computer a few weeks ago so maybe it has something to do with it... but since I don't use these buttons frequently I only discovered the problem a few days ago. Can't add artists or pictures to my favs, nor vote for any image... Please help!
Thanks,
Agn :-)

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 10:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=5752

You might check out the message on front page about the Security upgrade if there are any problems. Not sure if this is why you are maybe it isn't but worth a shot :O)

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

agnesdodart ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 12:27 PM

Thanks. I checked it out, deleted all old Renderosity cookies and re-logged in but it didn't change anything. Still can't activate those buttons... I don't even know where I'm supposed to report this problem!

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 12:29 PM

Are you running a "popup stopper" program?

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 1:03 PM

Will let Administration know maybe they can help :O)

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

agnesdodart ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 3:00 PM

SndCastie: How do you contact Aministration?

Ardiva: well I guess Ad Aware and Spy Blaster protect from pop-ups... but the list is kinda long and I have no idea what should be enabled exactly to make the buttons work again.

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 3:09 PM

The buttons rely on javascript to respond, so be sure you have javascript enabled for this site.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 3:15 PM

Make sure you clear your browser cache too... My guess is like Varian said...a Java script issue, check your browser security settings..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

cableguy223 ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 4:25 PM

this MAY or may not be of any help ( but I hope it is ) Every time I have a problem like yours it always seems to go back to the clock on my computer not being in sync. I have even seen this prevent me from getting e-mails. So check your clock and be sure you have the correct setting for your area. Good luck

agnesdodart ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 4:30 PM

OK... I cleared my browser's cookies, temporary files and history; I also made sure that javascript is enabled. But I still have the same problem. I also disabled the Spy Blaster protection, it had no effect either. I guess I must have quarantined something useful have when running Ad Aware. I just don't know what! Aparently it's really a problem with my computer...

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 4:37 PM

Did you enable popups for this site? Each of those buttons use 'em.

agnesdodart ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 7:56 PM

Thanks guys for all your suggestions! I finally solved the problem: if I CTRL-click on the buttons, it disables my pop-up blocker... and it works! Everyday I learn something new ;-)

cableguy223 ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 8:18 PM

here's an idea, get a router and you wont get anywere near as many pop ups and it will ALSO protect your computer from hackers because they cant see the ports behind the router. When I go to a web site I may get one pop up and I do not have a blocker. Glad to see you got it fixed, I learned somethig also about pop-up blockers, thank you

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 8:22 PM

Great news, Agnes. :)

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 12:03 AM

Thats great glad you figured it out. You just have to post a problem here and one of us will find a answer for you or Admin will see it and get you help. This is the best place to post a problem. :O)

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.