Fri, Sep 20, 12:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Problem with loading V3

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 9:13 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:29 AM

I have a problem loading V3 sr1 - When loading I get a messages

1. Cannot open runtimegeometriesdazpeopleblmilwom_v3.obj.
  2. Cannot open resource file runtimegeometriesdazpeopleblmilwom_v3.obj
  3. You are out of memory - please save your work & quite soon. You may also need to increase the amount of memory allocated to Poser.

Could you please explain why this is? I am using Windows XP professional, with a PIII 1ghz processor & a 64MB Graphics card/

If I do need to increase the amount of memory allocated to Poser - could you please explain (in simple terms please) how I go about doing this & the amount I should set this to - bearing in mind I have 1gig of sdram.

John

procchi ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 10:37 AM

It's probably that the rsr file in the geometries folder is corrupt. Delete runtimegeometeriesdazpeopleblmilwom_v3.rsr and try again. The program will generate a new rsr from the obj, and you should have no trouble.

neilp ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 10:41 AM

Firstly, when posting to the Forum please state what version of Poser we are dealing with here. If we are talking about Poser 5 then these memory issues are curable by installing Service Release 3 from the Curiouslabs website. As for allocating memory to an application... in Windows, no chance. You can assign a higher processor priority in Windows XP and 2000 but I'm afraid Windows handles how much memory each program receives. I do beleive this is possible if your using a Mac. Hope this helps. NeilP

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 11:05 AM

I've gotten this message before, but not with V3. Like procchi it's usually because of a corrupt .rsr file. I've found this happens to me with clothes when I have a scene open and have to force quit Poser for whatever reason. Usually, deleting the .rsr file in question fixes it. i.e. "Could not load the file "../Geometries/Daz/Clothes/Dress.obj". So, the thing to delete would be the file "Dress.rsr" in the same directory. Be careful though, because some things won't work without the .rsr files. Also, I don't understand the "give me more memory!" message in Poser for Windows, either. I have not used a Mac since OS8, but it was possible with Macs. I think Poser runs to that message when something happens it doesn't understand. :P I am using Poser 4 by the way.

Aeneas ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 12:34 PM

You don't specify how much ram you have. It's not the videocard that's important, but the actual ram of your system. And it's also a question how much free ram you have, in other words: what is also eating your resources. Even on a mac (OS9) you will have to find a block of memory that you can assign. STARTSystem can tell you how much ram you have

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 1:45 PM

Thanks everyone for your advise as this has done the trick. Sorry Neil, I'm using Poser 4 & I have 1gig of ram - do you think I could do with more? I think Yunas is right in saying that Poser uses the out of memory message when something happens that Poser doesn't understand. Could anyone explain the best way for saving chactors (Dressed) for future use - is it best to save them within new people? I've had a go at this before & ran in to problems re-loading the figures. Thanks again for all your advise. John

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 2:14 PM

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I might. Save a character the way you save anything normally. You can load the character and clothes or whatever and save it from the File menu and then go an open it whenever you need it. Saving it in the figure library would be confusing for me. I've never heard of anyone doing that before.

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 2:42 PM

I always save my characters (clothed figures) to the figure library in a folder named (oddly enough) my characters. Then I save the pz3, as well. You cannot adjust the RAM settings used within windows, but you can adjust your VM settings, providing a much larger swap file, which poser happens to love to death. In structions for doing so can be found in the Poser 5 forum at www.runtimedna.com under the Five things to speed up Poser 5 tutorial, or at www.poserpros.com in the same tutorial hidden as a sticky in their Poser 5 forum.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 3:18 AM

Yes you can save your characters to the Figures palette. When Poser comes up and tells you that this is part of a multi-grouped character (or something like that) say yes to save it all (or you will only save whatever part was selected at the moment) It should not be necessary to also save it as a PZ3, but as a safety precaution it's a good idea. You can eventually burn those pz3's to a CD. Remember that Poser's PZ3's can be HUGE, depending on their content (I have some at almost 300Mb)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.