Mon, Oct 21, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Poser import 'color blend' issue

Calseeor ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 3:43 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:10 PM

Does anyone know how to shut off "color blend" in vue for when I import a poser scene? What seems to happen is, at least on the charaters, a 'color blend' is active, which currently is tinting the characters skin blue. It does not seem to happen to the clothing, hair, props or scenery from poser, only the characters. I've attached a screen shot to show you. The two different characters (the one on the ground and the hand coming into the scene) are textured differently, yet they both look blue. I know how to go into F6 and deselect the color blend, but it is a hassle to have to do for each charcter and all the body parts. If anyone knows a way around this, i would be very arppreciative. Im using Poser 5 SP3 and Vue 4.20-02. Thanks, --Eryk

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 3:49 PM

Where is the screen shot?

Calseeor ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 3:55 PM

file_98369.jpg

LOL. What? You can't see it on my hard drive. =P Sorry about that. I am the king of not attaching attachments. With luck, I'll remember to attach it here. Also, as a side note. I used the material editor thing (F6) and found that the skin called "body" was the same for both models. So, when I took the color blend out, it was for both. The problem is that they should be different skins. Now, instead of two blue (as in the screen shot I hopefully attach here), I have two human looking skins. I'm so confused. Could the issue be that I am using Mat files to place the skins on the characters in Poser? Could it be that both characters here are the Freak model, but with different morphs and different skins choosen? Could they be massing together?

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 4:00 PM

Unfortunately, you have to import them one after the other to be able to change the color of only one skin:-). Parts that have the same name will come out the same.

Calseeor ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 4:04 PM

ohhh....ok. thats alright. Is there a way to save the size of the models? When i import more then 1 object seperatly, I notice that the sizing does not always keep. Example would be, the first model and the walls would come in sized to each other the way they are in poser. Then the second model (the character whos hand you see) would get imported and could come in to the scene WAY too large. DO i just have to deal with that and resize it to as close to what I wanted it to be as possible? or is there a trick to it?

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 4:09 PM

In the options check "resize and center imported objects". This should work. If not, you need to do it by hand:-)

Calseeor ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 4:23 PM

doh! ok. thanks. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.