Mon, Oct 21, 11:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Star Wars Ep 2 Battle Droid Poser Ready

Disciple3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 8:05 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:45 PM

thumb_bd.jpgI need to find this guy rigged for Poser for a little animation project I'm doing with my son. Can anyone recommend where I might find him for download?

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 8:12 PM

Attached Link: http://scifi3d.theforce.net/list.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=13

There are various 3d formats available at theforce.net 3d scifi site. Unfortunately dunno about poser versions as someone would have had to contact the original modeler, poser-fyed the model and gotten permission to redistribute. you could try importing the model from force.net and poser it yourself.

Disciple3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 9:22 PM

Yeah. I knew about that one. I suck big time at poserizing. wish I had one of those fancy animation programs all thes things seem to made for.

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 9:56 PM

I have lightwave and checked out the model, it's not rigged meaning that you cannot pose it. Least the one I checked wasn't. exporting and importing to poser you'd still need to setup the bones n setup. you could try the setup room wizard in poser 5 if you have that see what it does to the model. sometimes on simple models it does a decent job and little clean up. My experiences are that it goes wacky and I have to try and do it myself manually and I give up. anyway ya do it not a simple thing.

Disciple3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 10:44 PM

Ya setup room is the chink in my Poser Armor. I've never got any results from it that I was happy with.

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 3:45 AM

Possible solution. "Chop up" the droid into individual body parts with an external modeler, the Poser group tool/spawn prop, or the export-import check-boxes, then load a simple poser biped like the stick figure or LoRezGuy and replace all the body parts with via the "replace body part with prop" option. Should work well enough for a mech figure. ... just my 2 cents worth - hope it helps...

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 11:56 AM

check with the authors at The Force.net..they're very good at what they do, but somewhat fierce in defending their work. I'm sure that if they realize the appeal of a poseable character, you could work something out..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 1:24 PM

If thats the Fabio model, I'll ask him for you... I think that he won't mind and maybe could host the file if he's willing to have it posered (not promising, but I work with him on the 3DGladiators)

Disciple3d ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 5:29 PM

That would be awesome Khai. Thanks for the effort. Regards, Brent

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 4:24 PM

I was actually about to ask for this one myself, anyone try to tackle this project?

Disciple3d ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 5:02 PM

I'm organizing a project to bones a Shrieker that Jorg Weber was kind enough to model for a tremors fan film I want to put together. I was really hoping someone had already bones this. I notice a similar model was used to create an Alam DV plugin wioth what looks like this model.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.