Fri, Sep 20, 4:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: poser 5 OS X stable?

Sydney_Andrews ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 12:09 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:38 AM

Hi, Thinking of getting P5 for OS X. Have there been issues of bugs as far as the PC issues. I dont plan on doing any rendering with it, as I use Carrara for that. Thanks E

jerr3d ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 7:29 AM

There are bugs, check the Mac Forum for a running list. But Poser 5 for OS X is very stable. You'll love the new nested library folders. One drawback is V3 and M3 clothes do not auto conform to their body morphs like they do in PPP. And the price is right!

davidgibson ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 7:47 AM

There are always problems and I have had Poser quit on me in the middle of a project. However, it is far more stable then P4 in classic, especially with large projects(Lots and Lots of figures).

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 2:47 PM

Poser 5 is at the mercy of the OS, so the main reason the OS X version of Poser 5 is more stable is that the OS is more stable. Of course, this could change if Windows becomes an open-source code, since open-source OS are much less subject to security flaws and attacks of various kinds.

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 4:08 PM

Running P5 with the latest Panther on a G4 800mhz with 1 gig RAM. No problems since P5 came out and all is running very smoothly. :)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Sydney_Andrews ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 1:51 AM

Thanks, Ill have to pick one up soon. Now to prep that huge Runtime folder for conversion...

ariannah ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 11:30 AM

Attached Link: Linking P4 Runtime to P5's

Hi echo and I hope everything runs smoothly for you. :)

You might want to take a look at jelisa's site (Fignations). She has a tutorial on linking your Poser 4 runtime folder with your new P5 one. I'll attach the link. For some reason the images aren't loading for her tutorial, but if you write her, she might be able to send you a .pdf file as she did me. Hope this helps!

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.