Wed, Sep 18, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Help please, with FOV........................

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 6:06 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 4:57 PM

In an image I've been working on I changed the FOV to 85 but now I'm having the problem you get with architectural photography where everything to the edges of the image leans outwards. Is there a work around in Bryce to stop this from happening? Thanks 8) Catlin

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 7:11 PM

I'd like to know too...one reason I got PSP8 was this same problem on photos, they have tools that will correct the prespective on architectural photos...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 9:48 PM

Aye, Catlin, one workaround is to change your FOV to whatever you need it to be, and then "Select All", group everything, and increase the SIZE of your scene. It's not very easy, but if the scene is well-managed it might be possible. I believe eye-type FOV is 39.59, could be wrong though...

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 10:41 PM

Easy in postwork with PhotoPaint. If you can't find an answer give me a shout about that path.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Swade ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 11:16 PM

Wish I could help ya Catlin.... but I know not.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 4:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.andromeda.com/info/lensdoc.html

Yeah, closest Bryce setting to the natural eye fov is 39.59 There is a 2D plugin to corrects the barreling and pin-cushioning in image distortions, the one I know about is called LensDoc, it's retail, but they do have demo's, but I don't know if the demo's are time or water-mark restrictive. You could always look for freeware plugins that do similar. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Dennisld ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 7:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=264526&Start=1&Artist=fromlugdunum&ByArtist=Yes&Form

If used correctly and in the right context this 'predilictation' of Bryce can be spectacularly exposed, I suggest this picture as one of the finest examples of a wide angle view produced in Bryce. Simply stunning.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 8:25 AM
Forum Moderator

Strange this...I'm working on something that will rely on just the effect Catlin wants to get rid of.....

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 3:17 PM

That is a lovely image Dennis and a beautiful tribute to a friend. Shadow if I increase the size of the scene I would have to move the camera further back wouldn't I, which would still give the same effect, no. Anyway I've decided not to bother about the leaning towers 'cos they've grown on me and don't look too bad at all. Thanks for all your thoughts on the matter. 8) Catlin

PJF ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 5:54 PM

file_98378.jpg

This is relatively straightforward to sort out within Bryce, at least in an informal, 'by eye' sense. In the example here I set the FOV to 85 as per catlin_mc's question. Duplicated cubes with 'Office Building' material sit in the default scene and serve as 'architecture'. The point of view is looking up from a low position to accentuate the issue of converging verticals. To achieve the 'architectural drawing' type perspective in the lower picture, press the space bar and drag the work-window view down a bit (in this case I dragged until the bottom of the view port was about one quarter of the way up the length of the foreground cube). Then use the camera trackball to reposition the horizon at the same height as before and adjust the view of the buildings using the camera xy and zoom controls. It's a bit of a fiddle at first, but you'll soon get the feel of how much to space-bar-drag, and compensate afterwards, to get parallel verticals for a similar horizon height. While fiddling, you will almost certainly notice that you can distort the image so much that the verticals actually *diverge* when looking up from a low angle! In a recent-ish thread here, I mentioned that with all the camera and view controls it is possible to achieve some very weird perspective effects. I also mentioned that the view memory dots are your friends when exploring these strange angles...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2004 at 10:59 AM

Thanks PJF I'll give that a try, but I still think I'll stay with the way it turned out. I knew there had to be some sort of manipulation to straighten this out. 8) Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.