Sun, Oct 6, 5:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: 112hr render Stopped?!

angelosity ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 9:54 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 5:09 PM

file_97728.jpg

After letting this 10,000pixel, 219MB.bmp, 36MB.PSD, 10MB.JPG image render all that time, I noticed Vue's activity, in my Task Manager, at zero, but when I opened Vue...

angelosity ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 9:56 AM

file_97729.jpg

I noticed this image, where I was expecting a "Finished!" message!

angelosity ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 9:58 AM

file_97730.jpg

here are what some Head pixels look like...

angelosity ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 10:00 AM

file_97731.jpg

= )

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 10:07 AM

I noticed that before with render to file. It is a bit scary but it does complete the rendering.... it is just the message that is wrong.

angelosity ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 10:10 AM

file_97732.jpg

So, as you can see the render had come a long way before whatever stopped it, from rendering to disk, did the @#$% thing. I have'nt touched Vue since this stopped, and am hoping to finish anything unrendered, if anyone can explain how to recover from this. This is was where I was going with the image. This image is from a 3,500 pixel file, that, strangely enough, renders in 4 hours! Thus, my expectation was that this Life Sized effort would complete almost overnight. Can anone explain this lag, I also need to render the type and two masks?

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 10:32 AM

No wonder it takes time with so many metalic effects! :-)

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 11:11 AM

Well, maybe the message is that the whole thing is not linear? Which is not a big surprise really because the amount of pixels that has to be handeled grows quadratic. Height AND width. Most people forget that. The problem you are facing as well is, that if you blow the model up so heavily you reach the limits of it. Even in the sections you showed here you see already that for example the corona looks jagged because there are not enough polygons. The limits of polygon based renderers. AND of course, with so many refelctions and mirror effects a ray tracer really has fun - and wants to stay as long as possible - lol. Seriously, all these effects cause a hughe amount of calculation work. I am more surprised that a 3,500 pixel high image only needs 4 hours. That is the surprising message here. You must have a damned fast machine! :-)) Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

beetle-car ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 11:54 AM

FYI: If you have a render that was interrupted for some reason (like the ESC key was hit by accident), as long as NOTHING has changed in the scene and Vue has remained open, you should be able to resume your render by using the "resume render" command.

kim258 ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 12:32 AM

Beautiful work : )

angelosity ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 1:58 PM

gebe - Thanks again, reading comments from you is such a great help! wabe - Quadratic aye? I wish I knew more of to what you were refering! You also mentioned a corono, but I'm again I'm not exactly sure of what you're refering. Here is something refreshing, ..., the 3,500 pixel render was finishes on a 400Mhz Compaq Desktop! beetle-car - I'll be keeping a sharp eye out for this tonight, have you any idea where that is, this is what I've wanted to know! kim258 - Thanks!

beetle-car ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 3:17 PM

The 'Resume Render' command in under the 'Picture' drop-down menu. There is also a new thread about this on the forum (titled 'restarting render').

angelosity ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 11:50 AM

Thanks, I saw it last night, but it then started rendering with %0 finished! I was'nt sure of the easyest way of trying this, I'm sure glad the image made it as far as it has! I tryed calculating this render to print this character as a 6'6" being, but after realizing he's on his tippy toes I recalculated this to actually closer to 5'7". Allthough I'm still not wholey sure the head has come out even life sized yet. Can we guestimate how large a render is needed to print life size, I'm still interested in seeing him 6'6"(I may even splurge $35 to a 1Ghz Celeron.)

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 11:41 AM

Anyone want to have a stab at this? My guess is rerendering at about 1250?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.