Sun, Oct 6, 5:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Fontographer 4.5 Question?

angelosity ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 12:20 PM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 1:28 AM

file_98335.jpg

Where could I post a thread regarding this application? I think it would be great if Admi. could "Move" it anywhere. I thought of here, just because I did much prep. work, for this project, with photoshop and becasue it has some vector pathing with it. The first problem I'm having just started. I had all of my characters done exept Capital "W" and "O", when I closed the program to reopen and find Fontog.'s Clipboard is'nt importing from Photoshop's anymore! It works fine cutting and pasting within itself. I also realized the document widow does not rename itself when saved to disk. This really causes a problem "Generating the Font". This is actually a really wierd concept, its actually like a second save command. F4.5 does'nt just save in TrueType or another font file format, first it saves as a .fog data file? Anyway, the problem is that the generated(TrueType) font file is then named after the document widow. And renaming it from within Windows XPExplorer renders the font invisible from my C:/Windows/Fonts' File>Install! I've also browsed the manual some in search of a good association for the guides. I understand aligning the fonts with the 0,0 point is important, but I'm not altogether sure the guides do'nt then effect the saved file somehow?

angelosity ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 12:33 PM

file_98337.jpg

Sorry the image is so large, I still have my Shift/Numbers to paste and could any help available! Here is what I'm leading to. A series of images with this them, but in different fonts, and with different backgrounds and centerpieces.

angelosity ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 12:33 PM

file_98338.jpg

See?

retrocity ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 6:43 PM

Sorry angel, i'm not familiar with the app itself, though i think it strange it's not interacting with PS... trying to find an answer around the web but not much luck so far, was hoping someone in the forum would have some experience ... i keep looking, :) retrocity

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 11:10 AM

"The first problem I'm having just started. I had all of my characters done exept Capital "W" and "O", when I closed the program to reopen and find Fontog.'s Clipboard is'nt importing from Photoshop's anymore! It works fine cutting and pasting within itself. " By now, you've also tried closing/reoping PS as well, and even rebooting (I assume). Has there been any change? To name your font, move to Element > Font Info > General. In this panel you can add the common name plus any copyright/version info. The name on the document window will change instantly, and it will still be there when you reopen the FOG later. And yes, Fontagrapher saves as FOG in much the same way PS saves natively as PSD. To create a TTF, use File > Export.

angelosity ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 7:43 PM

Varian - Nope, I've also tried importing the clipboard from MS Paint without any luck, I;ve also reinstalled F4.5. Thanks for the naming directions! Really, I had'nt thought of a .PSD this way, I really was'nt thinking there would be any instance you would use a TIFF over a .PSD. = )

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 8:42 PM

A long time ago, there wasn't any PSD format and images would get saved directly as TIFF or JPG, etc. When PSD first emerged, some folks thought it was like an extra, unneeded step - until they learned why it's so cool. :) Fontagrapher follows the same principle using FOG. You might be aiming for a TTF or FON or other formats, but FOG will keep all your work intact until you're ready to export. So you reinstalled and clipboard still isn't working? That's very unusual, and I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest. You are making a selection (in PS or Paint) before copying, right? The only other possibility I can think of is that what you're trying to copy/paste might be too large - but that should only be apparent if you're running Win95/98 - and it would need to be like 50-70 MB...which would be unlikely for what you're doing.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 7:04 PM

Why is it so cool(Lightning flashes, and thunder claps..?) Yes definately making a selection! I also expanded, and zoomed out, of the Outline window. Thanks so far!

Varian ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 9:19 PM

LOL to the thunder and lightning! ;) I don't have any more ideas about the pasting problem...but I'd suggest you post the problem to comp.fonts newsgroup. There are quite literally experts there who've been working with Fontographer since version 1 and they know it inside-out. So if anyone can get to the root of the trouble, one of the guys there should be able to do it. Good luck!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.