Sat, Sep 21, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Tree Maker

Kurka ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 6:26 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:07 PM

Hi, everybody. Just got Carrara 2.1, and I was looking at the upgrade to version 3. A feature that would interest me is the Tree Maker. Has anyone used it? and, if so, how good is it? I can't find any sample images, except wat's posted at Eovia's, and that's not much. Anyway, I'd appreciate any info. Thanks, -Nando.

sailor_ed ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 9:20 PM

I would browse thru the Carrara Gallery. Almost anything made with C3 and containing a tree will probably have used C's tree maker. It seems a very useful function to me. Ed

calzgal ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 8:29 AM

Kurka, I've been using the treemaker quite a bit. I just recently completed a packaging contract that relied on the treemaker: http://www.visionized.com/serviceimages/106.aspx IMHO, it's just great. I've barely scratched the surface on the capabilities, but from the time I've worked in/with it, I give the functions, useability, output, and interface a 9 out of 10. I'd give it a 10 if they had documentation on the advanced settings window. ;)

Kurka ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 2:47 PM

Thanks,Guys. I appreciate the info.

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 6:46 PM

Only a 9? Come on Calzgal....sheesh. I'd say ay least a 11!;) Nice work by the way. Brian http://www.3dxtract.com

calzgal ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 6:49 PM
  1. Thanks Brian. You're right......forget the documentation...... Carrara 3 Treemaker............drumroll........11!

thomllama ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 8:09 PM

I haven't played with it much.. it dragged my old G4 mac to it's knee's everytime I tried... but now I have a newer.. much faster mac.. so maybe I'll go try now and let you know.. :)

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

thomllama ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 8:59 PM

file_98919.jpg

well i played.. and I find it still slows quite a bit... but now it's manegable..here is just a quick doings palying with trees and anything grows... not great layout or image.. but it show sorta what can be done.

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

falconperigot ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 6:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3dxtract.com/

This is from page 13 of the December issue of the 3DXtract: D-KAGA was kind enough to create and distribute [FREE] this great reference! It is a list of preset trees that are created in Carrara 3. With over 23 tree types displayed with various sizes and close-ups, its the best time saver for picking and choosing the proper trees for your scene. It is a great supplemental contribution that goes above and beyond the manual! Good work D-KAGA! 3DXtract is a great new e-zine for Carrara and Amapi users and free. The above resource is available from a link in the December issue and gives a good idea of Carrara trees.

tkane18 ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 9:53 AM

file_98920.jpg

I also found it a bit slow until I got a new PC. Slow or not, it rocks. My quick attempt at making a spooky tree.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.