Thu, Oct 10, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: OY! New rendering problem....

LonRanger ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 10:06 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:25 PM

Well, it's the pesky novice, back for more help :o/

When I render an animation as an image sequence (PSD or TIFF), the image is the opposite of what I want -- the actual model is transparent and the background is visible. But when I export only one image as a TIFF, it looks right, with the image visible and background transparent.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 8:09 AM

I think you have to render the pictures without any kind of background screen in poser for the alpha channels to work properly.

LonRanger ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 10:26 AM

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Well, when I render an .avi file, it also looks fine (with background transparent and objects visible). Why the difference between .avi and .tiff/.psd? Also, why would it look fine when I export a single frame as an image file, but won't work when I try to do an image sequence? (Also, when I make a movie using current display settings rather than current render settings, it again works fine, but, of course, the textures don't render)

And if what you suggest is correct, how do I get rid of the background? Under render options, all I see is color background, black background or picture.

Thanks for any help you can give me. I really appreciate it.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 10:55 AM

It is the black background that you should select, you could try it, but just render 3 or 4 of your animation screens to save time (if it doesn`t work).

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 11:12 AM

I think that there is some problem with the psd format not always working so you would probably be better saving them as tiffs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.