Thu, Oct 3, 12:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: 11 by 14 print and larger

LanceB ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 11:14 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:25 PM

I would like to do 11 by 14 inch prints. However I like to use actual photo backgrounds of waterfalls etc. with poser people in front. It appears that Poser will only render a background as large as your computer screen. Anything larger will become extremely pixelated. How can I make an 11 X 14 without making jagged edges on the Photo background. I don't want to do a poser scene on a bluescreen and paste it in later in Photoshop, too much work. Should I buy a bigger (expensive) monitor? Lance

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 11:29 AM

You can render out of poser at up to 4k by 4k pixels. I've never done larger myself, lol, I just haul it into photoshop after that and resample the image upwards from there. And think about what you're saying above, btw (not being mean, it just strikes me as odd): setting up two layers in photoshop is harder than earning the money to buy a monitor that, in this case, would need to be about the size of a 27 inch TV? Sorry. I'm really not trying to sound bad, but that's just wierd to me, lol

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 12:17 PM

From your description it sounds like your background image is not as big as your render. How big (in pixels) is your background and how big (in pixels) is the image you are trying to render?

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

FlyByNight ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 12:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/help_image_sizes.aspx

This link is to a page by CafePress that gives you an idea on what size you should render for whatever print size you want to make. Also includes dpi. I do 11x17 prints so I use these as a guide and they work perfectly. It would also give you an idea what size your background image should be for your renders, too.

FlyByNight

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 1:20 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=989178

Two different ways of using a background image with two dramatically different results:

If you import your image as an actual Poser Background, it will be resampled to the size of your current composition window within Posers GUI. Since most users end up render at a larger size that their composition window, this usually means the image gets sampled twice. First, down to the size of the working display, then this new data is resampled back up again to the render size. All kinds of errors.

A cleaner method is to apply your background image to a square prop. This avoids the initial downsizing, and the rescaling only occurs one time for your renders.

(see test samples at the link above)

taco ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 2:43 PM

The fractal enlarging software that Wanderer was talking about in Nance's link is Genuine Fractals from Altamira. It does a superb job... especially if your Poser original is rendered in a high res... like 300 dpi. Compositing in Photoshop is much easier and less rendering intensive. The Poser figures can be placed in front of your photograph using the Alpha channels. Saving your Poser image as a photoshop file automatically creates the alpha channel.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.