Tue, Oct 22, 6:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: My first Macro shots

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 8:49 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:44 AM

file_99427.jpg

I know they aren't that good but I had to find something to take a pic of...I just got my practice toy last night...:>)

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 8:52 AM

file_99428.jpg

dark_storm ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 9:03 AM

WoW! Excelent picture my friend. So good for a first macro shot. ~ I was thinking about something. Try to sho the leaves and the fruits again, by focusing only on one leaf and a bunch of fruits. That will make the background "blur". Im sure it will give you a nice result too. :) Have a nice day my friend. I looking for your future uploads. !!!!!:O)!!!!!!!!!!
Beno Roberge

Identguy ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 4:23 PM

Hi Dizzie: Great macro shots. Shooting at extreme close up changes the dynamics of your depth of field and allows you some very interesting opportunities. As practice, pic one object, plants are always great because they have curved surfaces and objects on different planes. Photograph in macro with different focul length lenses and at different apperature settings. This will give you an idea of your depth of field at various distances with the different f stops. I'd use a tripod because your shutter speed will decrease significantly. If your not using daylight as a light source, use an off camera flash and keep it away from the subject and at an angle, otherwise you'll flatten the image and lose wanted texture. Ring flashes are good in some of these situations but can also flatten the image. I'd prefer off camera flash.

firestorm ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 3:38 PM

great texture and colour to the leaves in the first one.

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

Wolfsnap ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 4:48 PM

Great start! BTW - what is your "new toy"?

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 5:06 PM

Thanks! HP Photosmart 735 MegaPixels - Total: 3.2 MegaPixels Optical Zoom: 3x Optical Zoom Digital Zoom: 3x Digital Zoom LCD Display: 1.5-inch color Optical Viewfinder: Yes Max. Resolution: 2080 x 1542 Memory Type: Secure Digital/MultiMedia USB: Yes Movie Mode: Yes Max. Shutter Speed: 2 seconds Min. Shutter Speed: 1/2000 second Manual White Balance: Yes

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.