Sun, Sep 22, 4:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: copyright question

Softsnow ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 2:42 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:18 AM

When MetaCreations sold Bryce to Corel, did the copyrights to all the old versions of Bryce transfer over to Corel or does MetaCreations still own them? I'm asking as I would like to install my Bryce 4 on more than one machine, but know better because of piracy issues... BUT, if I could crawl between the cracks somewhere along the way....

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 4:19 PM

u must be kidding, like it really matters if u install it on more then one machine. I don't think big brother is looking over your shoulder that cloesly, unless your on the show

Caligula ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 6:39 PM

Relax. For home use, you don't have to worry. It's perfectly acceptable to have more than one copy of an application. If you were to make free copies for your friends or use multiple copies for your office workers, that would not be OK. Some programs (Photoshop, for instance) are smart enough to see if there are multiple copies of the same application (and license) on a LAN but I don't think Bryce is one of these.

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 3:56 AM

Bryce doesn't have any contingency for selling multiple use licenses, so my guess is that if it's installed on more than one machine that's okay. Where you would run into problems is if you were making copies and redistributing the program. But for your own use, or use by a team, I suspect there's not a problem.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 10:52 AM

I think you should ask Corel to get a definite answer on that, helps to prevent future legal hassles.

Softsnow ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 11:07 AM

I agree that I should probably ask Corel. The reason I'm asking is that I'm teaching Bryce4 to 5th grade GT kids. I have access to three computers, so it would be really helpful to be able to have it on all three. Thanks for the advice all. Pat

Softsnow ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:21 PM

The response I received from Corel was (in not so many words) that they could care less what I do with MetaCreations version of Bryce4... Guess I can install at will!!

KenS ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 2:42 PM

From how I understand it, it is ok to have multiple copies installed on several machines at the same location, only catch is that it can be running simultaniously, that means it cant be running on 2 machines at the same time, but you can, Like Poser for example, with the latest 4.03 patch, it does a network check to make sure Poser inst open and running on any other machine on your network, if it is, Poser wont load and run until the other machine has closed and unloaded Poser. yu can install on several machines, yu just cant legally have it running on more than 1 at a time. Ken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.