Mon, Oct 21, 11:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Free Animals?

Totoro3D ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 12:17 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 7:27 AM

Hi, does anybody know some realistic looking free animal models with textures? I want to buy the Daz animals later, but first use some free animals to check whether I can create the images I have on my mind now :)

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 12:37 PM

There are different free ones scattered all over. Kinda a long list - might get a more helpful reply if you name some specific critters you'd like to find. Domesticated, wild, fishies, birds, bugs, dinosaurs or fantasy beasts?

EYBTM ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 12:45 PM

try in www.3dcafe.com

Totoro3D ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 12:47 PM

Mmmh, sort of realistic animals which are really huge, like elephants, rhinoceros, giraffes, hippos would be nice :)

Scarab ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 1:41 PM

Occasionally www.dedicateddigital.com has a free animal...very recently they had a nice bengal tiger... Scarab

geoegress ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 3:52 PM

...again. I need birds too- ducks ect.. someday :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 8:20 PM

The bigger animals will be more difficult to find. Check free stuff in the various places: 3dCommune, RDNA, PoserPros, Planit3d, etc., as well as here. You will need to search for specific keywords since I doubt if any of the files will say "animal". Example, "bear" might yield a Mimic-compatible bear file, a bearskin rug, a texture for the DAZ polar bear, or a bear cub, or Meski's bear... but you will have to dig for each type of animal. Carolly

Replicant ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2004 at 10:46 AM

Good luck. I've been hunting for a Badger mesh for months now. I keep finding these huge Russian bombers. :o(

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.