Sat, Sep 21, 12:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Poser5 SR4 and Vue 4.2

Tintifax ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 8:09 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Has anyone tested how the new Service Release 4 for Poser5 and Vue4.2 work together. I plan to upgrade to SR4 German when it's out, but I don't want to break the ability to import from Poser5 to Vue4.2 Thanks - Walter

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 9:54 AM

I haven't been able to go very far with SR4 :( The installation when fine, but since then, Poser hangs on loading 'VRML.arp' plugin. I am considering reinstalling the whole thing. A few words of caution for anyone who wants to rush on a new service pack...

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 11:28 AM

I have upgraded and the first thing I noticed is it takes my Poser 5 a little longer to load. I saved a pz3 and imported it into Vue 4.2 without any problems. I didn't try any other saved objects as pz3's is all I use from Poser 5 into Vue.

ïÏøçö

Tintifax ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 3:08 PM

Thanks for your response. I knew I had to take caution from the comments in the Poser Forum. I think I wait a little longer to install the SR4. - Walter

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 8:37 AM

I'm not having a problem with P5 SR4, but I am having a problem with importing to Vue, the textures don't import like they do with P4 pro pack. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Marque

Tintifax ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 9:07 AM

Poser has 2 Material options in the *pz3. The old ones and the shader tree materials. Don't know which material settings Vue 4.2 uses, but take a closer look at your *.pz3 with a text editor. - Walter

BigGreenFurryThing ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 3:32 PM

file_99931.jpg

Agree with iloco: Poser 5 does take longer to load but so far Vue 4.2 has imported everything perfectly. See piccie of WIP: DAZ's Hatchling.

Cheers,
Mark

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 10:02 PM

I seem to have resolved my issues with Poser 5... I really recommend being patient the first time you run Poser after the upgrade. It took literally 10 minutes to start the first time, which explains why it seemed to be hanging for no reason. Now Poser is a lot smoother and finally behaves correctly ( so far ) when looking for missing textures maps. Between that and spending more time testing Vue Pro and Carrara Studio, it feels a little like christmas again :)

elektra ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 5:25 PM

I just tried to import from Poser 5, after running SR4, and now Vue doesn't recognize the Serial number. Could it have anything to do with installing Mover? And before anyone goes down this road, yes, all of my software is legal and registered.

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 5:49 PM

I don't know about that Elektra... I upgraded poser 5 to SR4 and Vue Pro is still working well with poser figures. I do not have Mover installed.

elektra ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 6:17 PM

I will play around a bit and email e-on.

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 6:24 PM

I upgraded last week and didn't have any problem. Vue Pro did ask me to locate my Poser exe again when I imported a new pz3 into Vue Pro from Poser 5.

ïÏøçö

elektra ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2004 at 8:38 PM

Some days I believe I can actually feel my brain as it seeps out the side of my head. It may have helped had I ran the 4.2 update. D'oh! I hadn't run that update and I did the SR4 for Poser and then bought and installed Mover 4. The thing is, I couldn't recall if I had imported anything inbetween that time, so I wasn't sure if I should be troubleshooting CL or e-on. So, I figured I'd rerun the latest update and lo and behold, my issue is resolved. Thanks to everyone for their assitance. You may now return to your regularly scheduled existances.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.