Tue, Sep 24, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: An idiot's question

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 4:50 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:30 AM

In Hebrew we call idiot an ignorant man... I've got this stupid question but if I don't ask, I'll stay stupid and I don't like it at all :-) Why it could be on Earth when I take a picture in TIFF format it cannot be opened afterwise in Photoshop for, as it said, "a disk error"? And I don't want to use another format 'cause they seem to be to noisee on my cam. Usually I make my shots in the Sports regime 'cause Auto doesn't supplay TIFFs for some reason... My cam is Olympus Camedia 750 UZ... I'll thank you for any help! :-)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 11:35 AM

Not sure what the problem could be.... I couldn't find any problems about it mentioned on dpreview.com in regards to your model. I'm guessing it may be a problem either with Photoshop or something with your camera's card? Maybe someone else has come across this problem before. If you can I would possibly put in a call to Olympus tech support to also ask them if others also have this problem.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 11:40 AM

Khm... it will be very generous from you :-) Despite my living in another country I have fear of telephon talking and my speaking English is awful... much more than a writing one! :-)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 11:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.olympus-global.com/en/global/

What I meant is that **you** should call them....! :~) Sorry for the misunderstanding in translation. Check your warrenty paperwork for your camera, they should have tech support for where you are located, most companies have offices located internationally. Or you email them if speaking in person is a problem. :~) The link goes to the Olympus homepage. Pick your location on the map.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

geneb19 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 2:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.photo-genesis.net

have you tried reformtating the chip and then shooting? that might correct any errors in the future. are you trying to read directly from the chip in PhotoShop? if you are, PhotoShop is "touchy" about doing that. i'd suggest using the software which came with your camera (excellent cam btw!!) and transfering the images to the hard drive and then trying to load them in PhotoShop. if you want to talk more, my email is: geneb@columbus.rr.com good luck!!! gene

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 2:40 PM

That's the problem. I do format my card after every time I transfere the info to my hard disk. And I use the Olympus software for that. There is virtually no reason for anything of this kind. Maybe it occured after I overwhelmed my card with extra pictures ones and it canselled half of the recorded images for this perticular session... may it be the sourse to continuing trouble?

geneb19 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 2:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.photo-genesis.net

hmmmm...give me the exact steps of how you do this. i feel as though i'm missing something. you take a shot and the image is recorded as a TIFF file...after that what happens?

danob ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 6:48 PM

Hmm it may be a simple solution if you have not enabled tiff in the section of formats when you installed photoshop? The other one could be that the card may have been corrupted while loading and uploading your pics but if the camera can use other formats like RAW or Jpeg I would think it is a software problem.. And try and uninstall Photoshop and do a fresh install. Danny

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

DHolman ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 7:13 PM

You need to isolate where the problem is. Use something else to view one of the tiff images you can't open in Photoshop. If you don't have anything else, download a demo of AcdSee. If you are able to view the image in another application, then the problem is in Photoshop. If you can't view it in another application, then it's a problem with the file. That will narrow down the possibilities. Camedia cameras use an uncompressed TIFF format which should be readable by anythng that can read a TIFF. Once you know where the problem is, let us know and maybe we can help more. -=>Donald

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 10:26 PM

Okay. The exact process is: I take it to the hard disk, it makes the usual Olympus software procedure to moove the pictures to a hard disk, no matter in what format it was, and everything is just right when I use JPEG or RAW or how it calls on Olympus SQ and HQ. I can open TIFFs in any program, I use Painter 8, open, save (in TIFF) and then work in Photoshop... but, I'm affraid, I loose some quality in a way. What could become on Photoshop if it used to acsept my Olympus TIFFS before? I work mainly in TIFF now, no matter, in 2D or pfotography and my Photoshop never makes me a problem, exept of this one :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.