Mon, Sep 23, 12:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 12:07 pm)

Subject: a hotel hallway type of thing... ?

sandmarine ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 1:48 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Ok, so I came around this great prop some days ago, but i stupidly didn't download it and now I can't find it anywhere!! I revisited all my History on my browser and can't find it, so if you've seen it, please let me know where to download it. It looks like a hallway where 3 walls can be seen (one to the left, another to the right and one in the back, facing the camera) with doors in all of them... actually, it looks like a hotel hallway, because the doors are pretty close to each other, I don't think the interior of a regular apartment building would look like that, and the wall in the back is separated from the other 2, as if you could turn right or left in the corners and keep walking. I know the description is very poor, but it was a freebie somewhere, so I'm sure someone here must have seen it. I searched by "door", "room" and "hall" here at the free stuff, and I couldn't find it either. thanks in advance.

Finister ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 2:51 PM

Lalverson used to have a free hallway prop (with doors like a hotel) here at Rendy. But I just did a search under his name and it now comes up empty. Too bad, he used to have tons of awesome free building props. You might IM Lalverson and see where all his freebies are now. (he also had a building entrance with a revolving door that looked like a hotel lobby entrance).

diolma ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 3:07 PM

file_100562.jpg

Sandmarine, I've got a hotel hallway that I downloaded from the freestuff on 1st June 2003. Dunno if that's what you're looking for; I've never actually used it, so I don't know how good it is. If you want tho' IM me your e-mail and I could send it to you (4,000 KB). (that's the thumb for it, above..)

sandmarine ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 3:36 PM

yeah! I do think the hallway prop was by lalverson, come to think of it... too bad he doesn't not have it here anymore. Diolma, I'll IM lalverson to see if he still has it, if not, I'll IM you about the hallway prop you have (looks very much to what iw as looking for). Thanks!

Coleman ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 3:57 PM

Diolma's picture is Lalverson's hallway

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 4:30 PM

Well then, um, has anyone seen an ice machine?

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

sandmarine ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 4:52 PM

it is?? then it's not the same I saw... the one I saw had another wall with doors in the back...

Coleman ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 5:18 PM

Ha ha - Ynsaen, if you're being serious, Trekkiegrrrl used to have a grocery store food display fridge/freezer that might be tweaked to be a hotel ice maker. She also sells a 'spic and span' set for hotel room housekeepers - ha ha Where's the 'do not disturb' sign? :P

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 6:54 PM

Actually, I am serious, lol I have a story to illustrate that involves a possessed ice machine, hee hee

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2004 at 2:43 AM

Uhm I don't think my freezer can be used as an icemachine. But I can make one when I get home, of none has popped up in the meantime. As for hotel hallways, Odeathoflife has a hallway in the 3D Settings package here in the MP, I used it just yesterday, it can be seen on this pic Oh and, Ramnimus.. I still have the freezer, not just "used to have..." ;o) But you probably need to search for my username here and not TrekkieGrrrl, though a full search (in descriptions too) should bring up MOST of my stuff in a TrekkieGrrrl search as well)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2004 at 5:27 AM

file_100563.jpg

I think the one you are looking for is this one. It was posted to freestuff on or before 25 Nov 2003. The zip file contains no readme so I have no idea who the author was. The prop is supplied as a .3ds file and it takes a lot of work with the Poser grouping tool before you can texture it effectively. There is a finished picture using it in my gallery (look for "Which Door Was It?").

sandmarine ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2004 at 12:29 PM

heh, I have that one, phantast, and it's not that one. I think the one trekkiegirl mentions is similar to the one I needed. And anyway, seeing that it was impossible to find it (as a freebie at least), I just went ahead and did my own... wanted to save some time, but sometime you just gotta do it yourself. thanks for all the help!

Dr Max ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 1:56 PM

Long time to respond, but I was the author of the hotel hallway in post #11. Clue as to how to make the model more useful would be appreciated. Thanks Max

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.